G4TV going HD on 12/8/08...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xstation

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
According to G4TV president Neal Tiles, G4 will be going HD on 12/8/08

“Recently a news leak popped up online saying that G4 will be going HD in December. I was wondering if this is just a rumor or if you could spread some light on it.” user: Hellwarden

Yes we are in fact going to be OFFERING G4 in HD as of 12/8/08…but two things to this end. First, is the point that we are offering it…it is still up to your TV provider to carry it, so best thing I can suggest is to contact your provider and request that they carry G4 in HD. Next point is that initially, like most networks that go HD, we will NOT be entirely HD…AOTS and X-play as well as our live events will NOT be HD until Summer 2009 (a year from now)…this is based on the need to build out our internal control rooms, edit bays, etc for HD…this takes time and funds…but we are at least going to offer what we can as of this December…shows like Heroes, Lost, and new episodes of Ninja Warrior will all be in HD.
http://www.g4tv.com/opensource.aspx

Question now is will DTV carry it? :confused:

Don't care myself if they carry it or not. I have not watched it in a long long time. When they switched from tech TV it all went down hill. Now it just plain sucks, imo.

Don't care myself if they carry it or not. I have not watched it in a long long time. When they switched from tech TV it all went down hill. Now it just plain sucks, imo.

I agree. I used to watch TechTV when there were shows like The Screensavers and Call for Help. Now it's all about gaming. I don't play games. I have a PS3 but, only for Bluray movies.

About time, they finally thought about bringing G4TV in HD, I am sure they will attract more viewers when they go HD!

i too like this channel going HD. there are others i would like before this one but i would not mind G4 in HD.

Not unless they bring back the tech shows n Leo n Patrick Norton :(

Get your Patrick Norton fix here: Revision3 - Internet Television
He does Tekzilla and System. I also like pixelperfect with Bert Monroy.

Roger Chang is there also. He is the Senior Producer of Tekzilla and is on the show sometimes.

Would love to see revision3 become a HD directv channel.

They do have shows like web driffter with Martin Sargent that I don't like. But They could always get Leo back.
LOL: The Life of Leo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)