Galaxy 19 help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm only playing with the dish on the far right, currently

20151013_190907.jpg 20151013_190933.jpg

skew251.jpg

+25.1 degrees of skew should put the coax connectors on the LNBF at about the position of the red O on the diagram, unless the LNBF is marked otherwise.

What do I need to do to get the lnb to get the skew point? Does the bottom of the lnb need to come down more?

Unless that LNBF is designed different, it should be "0" with the coax inputs at the very bottom.

One more thing I noticed, I don't see a TV outside near the dishes.
How will you be able to see the signal bars on the TV when you adjust the dish?

One more thing I noticed, I don't see a TV outside near the dishes.
How will you be able to see the signal bars on the TV when you adjust the dish?

Hahaha yeah I can't, I move it and run inside over and over, alllllll day I been doing this... since yesterday :(

Hahaha yeah I can't, I move it and run inside over and over, alllllll day I been doing this... since yesterday :(
Much easier to:
Bring the tv to the dish.
Hook the LNBF directly to the receiver. (You may see signal then, if you do then this will show that you may have an issue with the existing wiring from the dish to the receiver in the house)

No switches or splitters anywhere in the line?

I have a tiny tiny TV a friend was getting ready to throw out. I love that thing for aiming out at the dish.
Its near impossible to aim for me without the TV at the dish. On a good day I can get aimed in about 5 minutes, then another 10 minutes of fine tuning, done.

Bring the Big tv to the dish, aim, then enjoy beverages outside while you watch the new channels!:clapping

Why a splitter, wires too short?

Hahaha I'm going to try it with a laptop that has a hdmi port, that should work right? Yeah the cable running inside is too short, I can try connecting the wires with a 1 to 1 connector? While I wait for my friend to get here with the laptop

Hahaha I'm going to try it with a laptop that has a hdmi port, that should work right? Yeah the cable running inside is too short, I can try connecting the wires with a 1 to 1 connector? While I wait for my friend to get here with the laptop

Connector my work for now but in the long run will introduce DB loss and a place for corrosion to set in.

The laptop's HDMI connector is to output video to a TV, I don't think it will work as a video input.

A nice little Android App that I use is Satellite AR. It shows the satellite position against a starmap. Download the App and type Galaxy 19 in the search field. Once it finds it, select it. Once you see the starmap there will be an arrow on the screen pointing to the satellite position. Rotate and elevate the phone in that direction. Once you've got the graphic of the satellite centered up in your screen, note the rotation and elevation angle of the phone. That's where your dish should be pointed. Make sure GPS is enabled on your phone. This will get you in the ballpark. You'll have to slowly adjust the dish from there. BTW ... Radio Shack makes a nice little signal strength meter. G19 has strong transponders (at least here on the West Coast). Ku Dishes aren't easy to adjust the first time around ... also the complication of not having G19 set up in the receiver isn't helping. Good Luck!

Reactions: Tampa Florida
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)