Galaxy 19 Programmimg.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It wouldn´t hurt to do that, I don´t do it that often given the number of channels on that bird, unless I have the time to sit down after the re-scan to check for new channels, updating my faves list, etc.
BTW Wzrd Welcome to satelliteguys

It depends. Many of the Glorystar stations don't change that often and so won't require a rescan. Most of the ethnic channels don't move that much either. But in both cases, sometimes a transponder move occurs (it is usually first announced on the old channel, though) and that would require a rescan. If you want to keep up with the latest new channels and see which ones have been eliminated, then clearing out the channel list and rescanning should be done pretty regularly. You can take a look at my recent channel guide (in Excel format) posted in the main FTA discussion forum to keep up with what has changed (I put this information at the top of the cover page of the file). I try to update it pretty frequently, although lately it's only been once a month or so.

With all the changes at Galaxy 19 is it neccessary to rescan constantly?
thats up to you honestly. I use to do a transponder scan every now and then or when someone posted that a good ENGLISH channel showed up

The issue for most folks is deleting probably 200 channels of languages they dont speak

Thanks Iceberg. Thats what I was thinking. I am new to Galaxy19. Use to have my dish poinbted at 83w for the retro channels.This sat is pretty good. Can't believe how many channels. I have managed to find about 7 or 8 that are useful. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for your input. This web site and the people here are wonderful for info. I don't post very much but I do a lot of reading here to try and learn about true fta.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)