Galaxy 19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lscs1

Original poster
May 1, 2013
WVa
I am getting 90 to 95 signal on the blind scan but no quality signal.
I can get 4 MSN MUX Channels and nothing else.
Why would I get a really high signal but no Quality.
I have adjusted dish with compass (Magnetic and digital) and set elevation.
30 inch dish, CNX Nano Reciever. No motor.

Thanks

First of all, welcome to Sat Guys.

Second, satellite names mean nothing to me as they are constantly changing. You're better off referring to the LOCATION, ie, 99w and C or Ku as that's a constant!

Third, it helps to list your equipment in your signature as we can look to see what you are using.

When you say MSN mux, if you're referring to the Ku NBC mux (CNBC, MSNBC, etc) then you're on the wrong satellite as that NBC mux is on 72w Ku and is only 4 channels. You'll see some news feeds and such there but they come and go.

So what TP are you receiving that "MSN Mux" on? That should help clear things up. Oh, and if you look at "The List" up the page that will help you identify the satellite you are receiving.

Ku Band, Universal LNBf, Conaxat Nano Receiver, 30 inch Dish

Trying to get channels on Galaxy 19 at 97 W, 41.1 Elevation, 213.7 Magnetic, LNB turned +19.3
(I'm not sure exactly what "TP" means. (sorry).

I am in Zip 26571.

Welcome to the site.
Yes give us a run down of your equipment. If you are getting a signal reading that just means you are connected to an LNB(f). ;)
Quality is where you know you are receiving a sat. What transponder are you using to aim? What receiver, Dish, LNBF?

Not familiar with that receiver, meaning I have never had one in my hands. So I can really tell you how to navigate the menus, but somewhere in the menu, there should be something for Satellite set-up. This is where you should set that you have a universal LNBF and can choose a transponder for the satellite you want(if one is there). You should see a place to manually input a Transponder. 12154 H 20000 is a good one to use for G19.

This will help you point your dish in the right direction..... http://www.dishpointer.com/

However, if your receiver is picking up and listing the NBC mux (which as stated, sounds like 72W), I would think you would be also receiving decent signal quality and a picture, as those are DVB-S signals. Just to clarify, do the channels sort of read like this (I'll just list channel #3 for brevity)?

NBC MUX CH 3 FT 63

Can you also go out to the dish and read off or take a picture of the numbers off the LNB (this will help us understand what type of LNB you're using, and make sure you have the right L.O. entered into the receiver)?

Than You, with this receiver, when I put in the Transponder 12154 H 20000 and go to search, the transponder settings change to something else as soon as I go to search.
It doesn't seem to want to search for any satellite I put in. Just searches then the satellite and transponder settings change.
I will try to check the coordinates for G-19 again. Should I do a fta, all, or a blind search. In that menu, it gives me choices of HOR, VER, or ALL.

northgeargia, Yes. I am getting 4 Channels :
1. NBC MUX 01
2. NBC MUX 02
3. NBC MUX 03
4. NBC MUX 04

*Universal FTA LNB by Orbita Tracker features:
orbitalsinglelnb.jpg

Specifications on Orbital Tracker OTL-U01
Universal Single LNB with 0.2dB Noise Figure (HD & Mpeg4 Approved)

Input Frequency
10.7 - 11.7 Ghz
11.7-12.75 Ghz

Output Frequency
950 - 2150 MHz
LO Frequency
9.75 Ghz
10.6 Ghz
LO Initial Accuracy (@25°C)
+- 1 MHz
LO Temperature Drift (@ -40 – 60°C)
+- 3 MHz
LO Phase Noise
@ 1 KHz offset
-60 dBc/Hz

@ 10 KHz offset
-80 dBc/Hz

@ 100 KHz offset
-100 dBc/Hz
Noise Figure
0.2 dB or better (Typ.)
Conversion Gain
55dB (Min.)
Gain Variation
8dB p-p (Typ.)
Gain Flatness (27 MHz)
+- 0.5 dB
lsolation

20 dB (Min.) 25 dB (Typ.)
Image Rejection
-40 dB (Min.)
P 1dB
0 dBm (Min.)
Output VSWR
2 : 1 (Max) 1.7:1 Avg
HD Ready

Yes
DC Current Consumption
200 mA (Max.) Avg 130mA
Polarization Switching Voltage Vertical:
11.5 - 14.52 V
Polarization Switching Voltage Horizontal:
16.0 -19.0 V
Band Switching
Low: 0 KHz

High 22 +- 4 KHz
LO Spurious
-55 dBm (Max.) -46dBm -48dBm
Operation Temperature
-35°C to 70°C
Waterproof
60°C water for 1 Hour
MPEG 4

Approved

Satellite Receiver CNX-Nano features:

• 1 years Warranty
  • USB 2.0 Port on Front Panel.
  • Fully MPEG-2 & DVB Compliant
  • Supports EPG, PIG
  • Supports SCPC & MCPC from C / Ku-band
  • DiSEqC 1.0, 1.2 and USALS Compatible
  • 1 LNB Input Tuner with Loop Through IF Signal
  • Fast Booting & Auto Scan
  • Quick Channel Changing
  • Max. 5,000 Channels(TV & Radio) Programmable
  • On-Screen display with 65,536 color
  • Various LNB Polarity Control
  • Blind scan (power scan) & powerful EPG
  • 22KHz Switching Control
  • 6 RCA Output for Video, Audio L/R
  • Optical Output for Digital Audio
  • Dolby Digital Bitstream out through S/PDIF
  • Component Y/Pb/Pr Output via RCA
  • S-VIDEO Output
  • RF-Modulator Output
  • MP3/JPEG File Play via USB
  • Power Switch

Definitely a Universal LNB. Can you take a photo of your receiver screen where you input the L.O. for the LNB? (While doing that, why not take a photo of the on screen signal meter while on one of the NBC stations, too :) ).... we love pictures here...makes things easier :)

According to dishpointer > you are at 73.9W where you are in WV, SO, the satellite you are finding now is closest to being your 'true south' satellite. That is, the satellite that is nearest due south from where you have your dish, and therefore will be at the highest elevation for your dish. (AMC-6). You want turn your dish west on the pole, mark the starting point with a pencil so you'll know where you were, loosen bolts on the dish mount and twist the dish to the west. compass reading 190 to find Galaxy19.
Elevation for that satellite should be near 42.8 degrees. It won't take a lot of movement of the dish on the pole to change satellites, like 1/8" at a time. It's tedious without a meter but it can be done. Have the receiver and a tv out by your dish to make it much much easier.
edited to add : Choose "ALL" on the polarity setting for your Nano, and Blind search or ALL ( picking FTA just scans the Non-scrambled channels). Blind search should find any channels it finds signals for .

Last edited:
Even if pointed at 72W, I'm just wondering why he's registering the channels in a list, but has no signal or picture.... Perhaps he has the wrong L.O. in his receiver? Perhaps the receiver itself isn't working? hmmm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts