Please reply by conversation.

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Galaxy 25 at 93.1 With a 22" dish in Puerto Rico

Hi guys I got here in Puerto Rico with a 22" dish galaxy 25 at 93.1

Since today is a rainy day It has about 81s and 21 quality with a cw 650 roc .3 but in a usual sunny day it will be 82s y 35q

here are the pictures.

Three aztecas channels the other azteca channel west is now as a test channel

Correction I measured it this morning its 22"

Attachments

• Picture christmas 030.jpg
    Picture christmas 030.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 265
  • Picture christmas 031.jpg
    Picture christmas 031.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 344
  • Picture christmas 032.jpg
    Picture christmas 032.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Neljtorres,

Are you certain that you are pulling this off with an 18" dish? In your pix, the antennas you show are all larger than that, looks like a couple of 1.0 M or 1.2 M antennas. The smallest one shown looks to be about 30" or 76 cm.

If you are truly getting 93W on an 18" dish, you are either damned good or the EIRP map for this bird is inaccurate (see my attachment). I am hoping that you are indeed correct as that would be so awesome! Granted, the quality level is low, but it is coming in, so that is fantastic! Whatever you do, DON'T MOVE IT! :)

RADAR

P.S. Happy New Year!

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 31 17.05.gif
    ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 31 17.05.gif
    104.4 KB · Views: 201
That dish with the Gators logo looks like a 18" to me

It may very well be, but it looks larger to me. Hard to discern from a picture, I lose depth perception. But, it looks to be 8-12 feet back from the other dishes and I think it is roughly 30".

I really don't doubt Neljtorres, but obviously there is something unique here. I am impressed, but I don't know whether to shake his hand or put a shameful finger on the EIRP chart map engineer for misleading us.

It's kinda like that old guy down in S.A. (Brazil) that set up that huge dish to get channels from Germany. Let's see, wasn't that Astra 19.5 East? Something about there. Doesn't seem possible but, it was done.

RADAR

WAG:

Okay, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and see how close I can come to the truth:

- all dishes roughly equal distance from camera
- dish on the left - 4 feet diameter
- dish to the right - 3 feet diameter
- dish in the center... now, that's the question.... Dish Network 18" - because you can see the (inverted?) D-tube
- all the Gator logos I've found for dishes are covers, but I have no doubt this one could easily be custom
- signal levels....Remember now,we're talking about some of the hottest (useful) transponders on that bird, not every transponder.

So, I buy the entire story, chapter 'n verse! - :cool:
I don't think it's the Spanish tradition of the Day of the Innocents, 28 December (similar to April Fool's Day in North America)

Neljtorres,

Are you certain that you are pulling this off with an 18" dish? In your pix, the antennas you show are all larger than that, looks like a couple of 1.0 M or 1.2 M antennas. The smallest one shown looks to be about 30" or 76 cm.

If you are truly getting 93W on an 18" dish, you are either damned good or the EIRP map for this bird is inaccurate (see my attachment). I am hoping that you are indeed correct as that would be so awesome! Granted, the quality level is low, but it is coming in, so that is fantastic! Whatever you do, DON'T MOVE IT! :)

RADAR

P.S. Happy New Year!

Yeah it's the one that has the florida gator logo on i have it attached to a 6" concrete block. Here in Puerto Rico people have been locking this bird with these satellites. A couple of months ago a friend of mine did it and I went to his houes and I check lyngsat footprint map and had the same impression that you did and did it a home. I found the little dish a couple of weeks ago in my next door neighboor sidewalk and ask for it he gave it to me and i caught the bird.

The other satellites that i have is a 4.5 for dish 119 and 110 and the other 4.5 is with the nss 806 at 40 with a homemade conical scalar ring.

Last edited:
I measured it this mornig its 22" not 18" as I first reported. Here is a closer picture

Attachments

• Picture new christmas.jpg
    Picture new christmas.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 170
Thanks Iceburg, Radar and Anole I have been learning form you guys I did not nothing about satellites but I love this hobby!:) And learning every day!:up Learning from the best!

nel
Do you not have azteca either OTA or on Dish in Puerto Rico?

No OTA azteca here in PR. From Dish i get Azteca America but it shows a couple of shows form the azteca on the galaxy but not the ppv boxing on delay, soccer games, movies or smackdown. I really don't watch it form dish I watch the one from galaxy more

I am still very impressed that you got it on a smaller dish.....

the footprint sometimes with the KU sats doesnt get near Puerto Rico so usually you need a bigger dish. I know here in MN I can get it on a 18" dish but the footprint is really good (and its my true south)

BRAVO!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)