GAME ON! Echostar XI successfully reaches Geo-synchronous Transfer orbit!

Digi, you have a HH motor, Invacom LNBF - why you still missing BLSA ? Can't hide $100 from your wife ? :D

Don't have time to build one. And my soldering skills suck with my shaky ADD hands.

My motor would only go to 135 degrees or so with my LOS to about 140. I have swapped my motor that will go past my LOS but I don't have it dialed in just yet. I brought the SatPros and TV outside the other night but almost threw the receiver across the street with poor motor controls. I need to pull the Fortec out of the entertainment center and I just wire loomed up everything. :(

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-08-1737A1.pdf

On July 24, 2008, the Satellite Division granted EchoStar Satellite Operating L.L.C. special temporary authority for 30 days commencing on August 9, 2008 to operate its EchoStar 8 satellite in the 12.2-12.7 and 17.3-17.8 GHz bands at the 109.8º W.L. orbital location while customer communications are transferred to its new EchoStar 11 satellite operating at the 110.0º W.L. orbital location.

They must plan to do minimal testing, if they want to start moving it to 110 around the 9th of August.

If they start testing tomorrow that would give them two weeks of testing. Probably enough for a CONUS only DBS satellite. I would assume will test across all 32 TPs but also test the high powered mode for the 19 TPs to be used at 110 W. If someone is looking at 138.5 w for the testing, the items I would be looking for are the power levels compared to the other Dish satellites and the FEC levels if that is possible.

:hungry:The August 9 date may indicate a couple of things. First is that to this point in time, tests and communications with E-11 have been exceptionally good, with minimal disruptions and need for work- arounds. The second is that programming planning is well developed and Dish is determined to go full speed ahead as soon as possible. If correct, these factors would imply that E-11 will be fully operational by 9-1-08 and perhaps as early as 8-16-08.

The consumer bottom line may be that we can expect more, better, quicker. We may actually have 100 HD nationals by the end of the year (if there are that many, not counting RSNs, available).:hungry:

Fitzie

:hungry:The August 9 date may indicate a couple of things. First is that to this point in time, tests and communications with E-11 have been exceptionally good, with minimal disruptions and need for work- arounds. The second is that programming planning is well developed and Dish is determined to go full speed ahead as soon as possible. If correct, these factors would imply that E-11 will be fully operational by 9-1-08 and perhaps as early as 8-16-08.

The consumer bottom line may be that we can expect more, better, quicker. We may actually have 100 HD nationals by the end of the year (if there are that many, not counting RSNs, available).:hungry:

Fitzie

They are moving E6 at about 1.5 degrees/day. If they follow that plan it will take 19 days to drift E11 over to 110.

Newbie question:

SInce 129 is a dieing bird, will this new bird hold all of the channels that 129 has PLUS what is already on 110?

The the next question would be, Can the entire Cont. US see 110?

The data base was updated today and it is now geosationary and on station at 138.5.

Epoch (UTC): 19:12:00, Monday, July 28, 2008Eccentricity: 0.0002984Inclination: 0.019°Perigee height: 35772 kmApogee height: 35797 kmRight Ascension of ascending node: 68.518°Argument of perigee: 113.314°Revolutions per day: 1.00276265Mean anomaly at epoch: 274.481°Orbit number at epoch: 15

Testing has begun. The BLSA shows a large bandwidth signal moving from transponder to transponder at this time.

Newbie question:

SInce 129 is a dieing bird, will this new bird hold all of the channels that 129 has PLUS what is already on 110?

The the next question would be, Can the entire Cont. US see 110?

Nope. There's only so much bandwidth at 110, this one is simply replacing an older bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts