Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

$2.33 in Athens GA on highway 29 north at the BP just west of Ingles, Kangaroo has it for $2.34 as does Chevron and Racetrac at the Georgia Square Mall in Athens has it at $2.34, check your local Walmarts that have gas stations, they usually have it cheapest to and Sams club members get a better discount as well.

I just got back from Indiana after doing some installs. Gas was cheaper on the way back. I filled up at $2.22 thinking I would not find it any cheaper. I was wrong, I found it for $2.16 somewhere else. This is on I-70 east before you hit Ohio State Route 72. This is in western Ohio.

In addition to posting your state & zip code along with your price; you know what would also be cool to help gauge fuel prices equally around the country; list whether or not your locale is required to pump specially formulated boutique fuels as opposed to standard/conventional fuel; those naturally cost more. Along with making this gas tax map a sticky. Try to never post prices near airports or car rentals. These always have a premium added.

Attachments

• gas-tax-690px.jpg
    gas-tax-690px.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 124
Info to my earlier post:

#

What are boutique fuels?

Boutique fuels relate to gasoline, not diesel or ethanol, and are defined in this report as:
# Any clean fuel program designed and enforced under state authority to reduce motor vehicle emissions and improve air quality; and,
# Approved by the Agency under the authority of Section 211 (c)(4)(c) of CAA Amendments of 1990; and,
# Included in an EPA-approved state [clean air] Implementation Plan (SIP). Basically, a state can impose the fuel it needs in order to meet the federal government standard.

The reformulated gasoline (RFG) program is not considered a boutique fuel by the EPA. A law was passed in 1995 that required oxygenates. Back then only Milwaukee and Chicago used E10, everyone else started using methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE). As of May 8, 2006 oxygenates are no longer required, but the Renewable Fuels Standard created an annual average level of renewable be used and that level is being met with mainly ethanol.

Which states have boutique fuels?

Currently, 12 states have established state specific SIP-approved controls on fuels. These 12 states have 15 boutique fuel programs.

Kansas City, MO has 3 counties that requires the Reid Vapor Pressure (RVP) of 7.0 psi. RVP is a measure of gasoline’s evaporation rate. Higher RVP gasoline evaporates more easily at summer temperatures. Unless it is stipulated, RVP requirements are in effect from June 1 to September 15.

Kansas City, KS has 2 counties that requires the RVP of 7.0 psi.

El Paso, TX county requires an RVP of 7.0 psi.

Phoenix, AZ, Maricopa county requires an RVP of 7.0 psi from June 1 to September 30. AZ’s cleaner burning gasoline is similar to federal RFG or California RFG in summer and similar only to California RFG in the winter.

Atlanta, GA has 45 county areas that requires an RVP of 7.0 psi. Georgia’s boutique fuel includes a provision addressing sulfur content

Birmingham, AL has 2 counties that requires an RVP of 7.0 psi.

East St. Louis, IL has 3 counties (near St. Louis, MO) that requires an RVP of 7.2 psi.

Pittsburgh, PA has 7 county areas that requires an RVP of 7.8 psi.

Clark and Floyd, IN, 2 counties near Louisville, KY requires an RVP of 7.8 psi

Detroit, MI has 7 counties that requires an RVP of 7.8 psi

Southern, ME has 7 county areas that requires an RVP of 7.8 psi.

Central and Eastern TX has 95 county areas that requires an EVP of 7.8, extended from May 1 to October 1

In Eastern TX, including Houston and Dallas areas, there are 110 counties that require low emission diesel fuel with maximum 10% volume aromatic hydrocarbon content and minimum cetane of 48 required. The regulations allow substitute plans with equivalent Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) reductions.

Las Vegas, NV has regulations on winter gasoline controls on aromatic hydrocarbon and sulfur.

Attachments

• boutique_fuels.jpg
    boutique_fuels.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 86
Down to:

85234 $2.35

76180 $2.24

On TV I saw a station selling for (HOLD ON DFERGIE) $1.94, yet the failed to say where that was. It was the national news.

Not that I recommend anybody to move here...whatwith the Ford layoffs just hitting the airwaves, but just filled up my worktruck in southern Akron tonight at an even $2.00/gallon

And yes...LOL...I *do* use a lot of gas during the week. Averaging 100 miles/day for Dish installs.