Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

OK thanks; can you help me (based on your area) expalin the formula?

Base cost: $x.xxx (I know what this is, but how do I find it?)
+ Federal: 0.20 (I know this)
+ State: 0.185 (I know this)
+ Freight: 0.045 (I know what this is, but how do I find it/how did they get this amount?)
- Subsidy: 0.051 (I do not know what this is or how to find it)
--------------------
= Total: $x.xxx (every cent over this is the supposed PROFIT) correct?

charper1 said:
OK thanks; can you help me (based on your area) expalin the formula?

Base cost: $x.xxx (I know what this is, but how do I find it?)
+ Federal: 0.20 (I know this)
+ State: 0.185 (I know this)
+ Freight: 0.045 (I know what this is, but how do I find it/how did they get this amount?)
- Subsidy: 0.051 (I do not know what this is or how to find it)
--------------------
= Total: $x.xxx (every cent over this is the supposed PROFIT) correct?

On the one for twin cities, they already assume .12 profit so anything above the "fair price" is pure profit. As to some of the numbers, I don't know how they get them. In that thread I guess the guy who posts it gets it from a wholesale website

It went down to $2.25 to $2.28 here. I was going to get gas last night then though "there is no rush, its still dropping like crazy so the longer the wait the better". I guess thats just my luck as it is now raising back up in other places. Next time I am in town I am going to fill up.

webbydude said:
Honeymoon is over in North Canton, Ohio as well. Price jumped from $2.02 to $2.10 last night. And this afternoon, I saw that it jumped to $2.19.

Hmm...so much for the "election" theory.
But the barrel price went down today, maybe they didn't make enough profit. :confused:
You do know they make a higher % of profit on higher gas prices?
Not just higher profit but a higher % of profit.
Don't forget the % of taxes they pay went down too.
So they make the most profit and pay the least amount of tax.:eek:

DVR625 said:
But the barrel price went down today, maybe they didn't make enough profit. :confused:

Spot market price today has ZERO to do with the price at today's pump. Although it went down here today.

You do know they make a higher % of profit on higher gas prices? Not just higher profit but a higher % of profit.

What? Who are you talking about, explain.

Don't forget the % of taxes they pay went down too. So they make the most profit and pay the least amount of tax.:eek:

Again, who are you talking about and post sources backing your claim.

Last edited: