Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

Premium gasoline in Burlington VT is at 2.29 for el-cheapo, travel an hour east to where I live and it is 2.49 for Shell Premium. Time to put away the high compression (10:1) 6 cylinder I have been driving and start driving my old 8:1 compression 5 cylinder instead so i can run regular instead of premium. Besides the 5 cylinder gets 37 MPG whereas the 6 cylinder gets 28 MPG. I have a 100 mile commute every day (round trip) and these increases in the price of gasoline are really starting to hurt.

drhydro said:
Premium gasoline in Burlington VT is at 2.29 for el-cheapo, travel an hour east to where I live and it is 2.49 for Shell Premium. Time to put away the high compression (10:1) 6 cylinder I have been driving and start driving my old 8:1 compression 5 cylinder instead so i can run regular instead of premium. Besides the 5 cylinder gets 37 MPG whereas the 6 cylinder gets 28 MPG. I have a 100 mile commute every day (round trip) and these increases in the price of gasoline are really starting to hurt.
70 mile round trip commute here and the Ranger only gets 22...these increases really can add up

hehe I hear ya...

On my FTA "horizon", so to speak: 4DTV for analog & DCII FTA, a second blind-scanning DVB receiver (Coolsat 4000+ looks good), and possibly another dish+LNB(+bigger switch). :)

The price for regular in SBN dropped to $2.19 by my house. GasBuddy shows the price is down to 2.17 at a Citgo on the other side of town. It just feels so wrong to fill the tank and spend over $30!

72 mile commute... but working 12 hour shifts I work average 14-15 days a month, and my car pool buddy lives south of town like me... I drive on nights , he drives on days so we end up driving 7 days a month... so its not too bad... It still hurts to fill up and pay that much... I drive an 04 F-150 and my car pool buddy drives a Ranger... needless to say my 79 Gmc 4x4 does not get driven much these days... (nor my 46 willys CJ2-a )

Iceberg said:
70 mile round trip commute here and the Ranger only gets 22...these increases really can add up
no offense big man but how the hell do you fit in a ranger?

donna said:
no offense big man but how the hell do you fit in a ranger?

very easily :)
The Ranger is very comfortable compared to other similar sized vehicles. There is plenty of room.

Heck, when I had a 100+ mile round trip, I use to drive a Metro....
getting out of that was like seeing the clown car at the circus.....how the hell do you fit that many clowns in a clown car?

Went from $2.29-$2.37 down to as cheap as $2.07 now. Hope it goes down some more (below $2.00) before it starts to rise again.