Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

Seems interesting.. the high priced gas stations that were in the $2.19 range at it's peak are down to $2.09, but the gas stations that peaked at $2.09 are still at $2.09.. namely the Royal Farms chains.

Areas in Eastern Shore Maryland have dropped to the $2.03 range.

We're all expecting gas to go up for the tourist season. So.. back to the summertime standard of getting gas off the beaten path to find the cheapest station.

Gas is 2.45 at the cheapest places here in California. What I don't get is the Gas companies say they have to raise prices because THEIR prices went up--but then they post their earnings as the highest profits ever--so they are not just keeping pace with THEIR rising prices, they are going way over.

Annie2005 said:
Gas is 2.45 at the cheapest places here in California. What I don't get is the Gas companies say they have to raise prices because THEIR prices went up--but then they post their earnings as the highest profits ever--so they are not just keeping pace with THEIR rising prices, they are going way over.
It has stayed around $2.29 here while you go 70 miles north or East and it is .10 cents cheaper if not more... go to Odessa/Midland and pay right at $2.00...

Their percentage of markup could remain the same but as the prices goes up the amount they get goes up as well just as it would with inflation. 30% of $3.00 is more than 30% of $2.00. Now if they lowered the percentage that they are making to a point to where they are making the same as they had before then that may help drop the prices some but I do not see that happening.

Weird, our gas has been dropping, it's now down to about $2.13, but with the July 4th weekend approaching, you know the money grubber$ are going to raise prices .20 to .30 cents.

I stopped in Costco in Wilsonville on Tuesday and they were at $2.18 so I went to Safeway and used my .06 off discount to make it $2.12.

Hah! I think I have a national record. I just got back from Beaver Island, MI, and the Unleaded Regular there was $2.99, and that was before today's news and the >$60/barrel crude prices.

That explains the increase... any news at all and the locals go up... we are higher than any one in our part of the state... except the only other town in our county Artesia... and they have a Gas Refinery, Navaho.... go figure...

Gas prices have gone up here, Erie, PA, overnight to $2.25 - $2.31. Yesterday I filled up and the price was 2.19. I guess I hit it right.