Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

OK, I'm sure it is quite complicated but my question would leave out formulation and be more about your suggested area stockpile causes. Meaning that we are now considered high in stock, therefore low in price while other areas may be getting ready for a formula change and the stock is low, therefore high price. Makes sense! Thanks.

Those prices simply reflect the current total price at the pump as they change weekly or so. Any state, local and fed taxes do not change often enough and are in another map that used to be posted as a sticky. Here is the last one I have. This excludes diesel fuels. I hope that is what you were looking for.

Attachments

• gas tax.JPG
    gas tax.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 371
Yes, that is what I was looking for -- but it illustrates that similar state gas taxes does not explain significant differences between neighboring states.

All very interesting stuff. THANKS!

Those prices simply reflect the current total price at the pump as they change weekly or so. Any state, local and fed taxes do not change often enough and are in another map that used to be posted as a sticky. Here is the last one I have. This excludes diesel fuels. I hope that is what you were looking for.
Added thumbnail link to first post...

Well as explained in another thread as basic as possible, not all states, nor localities inside a state for that matter, have the same exact formulation standards, so these differences along with taxes, transportation costs, stockpile supply per each formulation and I would also assume bulk quantity purchased (buying power) all contribute to the varying prices. Heck add in the minor markup schemes that you may perform vs. what I may do if we owned a station. I have read where some station that have larger shopping or fast food venues can keep their pump price lower a few cents thanks to all the extra stuff they up-sell basically subsidizing those "lost" few cents at the pump. SODA, CHIPS and BEER have HUGE markups and make TONS of money! Also, have you ever noticed in your own town that stations near rental car returns, etc tend to REALLY up the price vs. nearly every other station in the same town? They know they can get it!

Bottom line; it is NOT the simple cut & dried methodology of oil prices, gas station markup, and overt greed everyone makes it out to be.

charper - I understand; hadn't read the other thread in awhile. :)

While it is a very complex set of issues, it is not going to make me start feeling good about the energy companies. :D

Indeed, on Monday I am going on a tour of the energy industry gas rigs in Western Colorado; as the industry is going to try to convince us that they have no impact on crime and drug use in Colorado. :rolleyes: But the tour should be quite interesting.

But wouldn't that be an individual's choice like any other user at any other company where law enforcement should be the key? I am sure there are users in my company, but how is that my company's fault or the entire industry? How is a company or industry ultimately responsible; I mean we have a hard enough time getting laws passed and sentencing held; now we want companies to be held accountable? I can see them needing to test employees and perspectives and having the ability to fire ASAP when they catch someone on the job, but in that lie other discussions; about fighting unions and/or privacy rights threats and even racial and favoritism lines get drawn. AN UGLY MESS FOR SURE!

But wouldn't that be an individual's choice like any other user at any other company where law enforcement should be the key? I am sure there are users in my company, but how is that my company's fault or the entire industry? How is a company or industry ultimately responsible; I mean we have a hard enough time getting laws passed and sentencing held; now we want companies to be held accountable? I can see them needing to test employees and perspectives and having the ability to fire ASAP when they catch someone on the job, but in that lie other discussions; about fighting unions and/or privacy rights threats and even racial and favoritism lines get drawn. AN UGLY MESS FOR SURE!

I thought long and hard about how to reply to this; not wanting to make a classic Pit-like response.

But its hard to take this argument seriously.

Lets see in what ways the industry has responsibility for drug use and crime in the energy fields of western Colorado (and most of Wyoming for that matter).

1) The Energy companies do not seriously try to discourage the use of meth in the gas fields. They have drug testing policies, but they are lax in enforcement; and cast a blind eye to the half-assed implementation of their policies by subcontractors.

2) They schedule workers in on 7 off 7 day routines; with long shifts each work day. The "man camps" are ripe for drug abuse, given the fact that these guys are in isolated locations, with little to do. Moreover, they have lots of cash.

3) The presence of these rigs with a ripe "market" for drugs, provides great incentives for drug dealers to find their customers. This brings even more crime to the area.

I am not making this stuff up. We have been conducting interviews with inmates in county jails across western Colorado all summer. In one county, 25% of the inmates we interviewed, had been employed in the energy industry at the time of their arrest. The interviews are filled with discussions of how much drugs there is on the rigds and at the man camps.

Discussions with the district attorney and law enforcement in Garfield County, where the industry is in high gear, support this; so does increased crime which has come to the area since the boom began.

But no, the energy companies have no responsibility for the increase in crime and substance abuse that have come with them. I refuse to accept that argument.

It's the same with trucking wich has for a long time had problems with drugs that will keep a driver awake not to mention the illegal transport of said drugs, theres the transport of other items that may not be illegal but the process is illegal. Theres also the issue of prostitution wich is still a very big problem at most truck stops and rest area's ( for those rest area's that are still around considering that DOT has been removing them for the last 20 years ) and now theres an increase in fake documents to get illegal immigrants CDL's. Most of the trucking companies that have policies generaly inforce the points policy and turn a blind eye towards the other issues. Drug testing tends to only happen during the initial prehire physical and if the driver gets in an accident.

$2.62 down the street and $2.53 25 miles north of here, anyone traveling on I-85 from Atlanta to SC should stop in Commerce at highway 441 if they want the low price.

I don't know too much about Detroit, but I can say you do not want to move anywhere near Memphis unless you make a TON of money. It is needed to hide the pain of living here.