Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

3.31 at Murphy's. 3.49 for the ethanol free gas stations.

Prices have held steady here for the last few weeks. In Charlotte, NC mostly in the mid $3.30's..East of town in union and cabarrus counties, mostly in the low to mid to upper $3,20's
In nearby parts of South Carolina, the prices at their high end top out around $3.15 to a low of $3.05..Most of the lower priced stations are independent and these also charge 3 to 5 cents more for non cash customers.
Looking at the New York Mercantile Exchange wholesale price for regular gas, I see the price has risen from around $2.70 per gallon just before Christmas to its present level of $2.87.4 cents per gallon.

On the New York Mercantile Exchange, West Texas Crude has risen to nearly $99 per barrel. Gas is up to over $2.90 per gallon.
Stations in my area have increased prices by 5 to ten cents per gallon this week.
The prognosis is not good. I'm looking at $3.75 here by the end of March.
The US Dollar is taking a pounding on the currency markets. This is due to the skyrocketing US Debt and the absence of a budget. The Dollar is getting hammered and so is the Euro.

Do not blame oil companies, cold weather in the heavy oil use north east...The blame for rising gas prices rests squarely on the shoulders of the US federal government and the federal reserve.
Here are the bullet points....Oil inventories are up DOUBLE the expected amount. Gasoline stocks are down slightly. Normally this would indicate falling prices.
However, the federal reserve continues to buy up securities at a rate of $85 billion per month. The purpose is to boost the securities markets and theoretically the US Economy.
As the buying continues, the world currency markets force down the US Dollar. Since commodity prices are indexed to the ( falling) US Dollar, prices for energy traded on commodities markets continue to rise
in violation of market fundamentals. In other words it's a big sh*t sandwich and we all have to take a bite.
Just wait until this spring when refineries must retool for the summer boutique gasoline blends. UGH!!! Four dollar gas across the nation...here we come..

All stations in this area are now $3.39 and up. I expect another round of increases as we go into the next month.
I see no end in sight. Gas prices will rise steadily until spring.
I saw a story on Bloomberg.com where a couple of analysts stated oil and gasoline futures were a good investment.
That means rising consumer prices.
BTW, the last GDP report showed a contraction in GDP for Last quarter of 2012. That is the first contraction in 3 years.
Rising energy prices will go further to scuttle any type of economic growth.

D-Day 80 Year Anniversary

Song Name Game Part 3!