Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

Who believes that it will go to around $2 a gallon by Thanksgiving? I don't. I haven't for a little while now. You know why? Because at this rate gas will be below $2 a gallon. Maybe $1.79 maybe a tad less. I think thats right around where it will bottom out at before it goes back up again. We may see some places at $2.65 to $2.69. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I didnt think that gas would get back down to $2.00 a gallon. I think the oil companies are scared out of their minds with alternatives that was going to come out and decided to drop the prices way back down so that we would stick with gasoline.

One of the post a few up from here already reports $2.00 in Ohio and I saw one on TV yesterday $1.94 and Gasprice has Kansas locales at $1.99; $2.15 is SE Missouri; $1.85 in SW Missouri (Branson) WOW!

Last edited:
I agree! Although local, state and fed taxes all add up, their gas in CO should not be that much higher than the Phoenix metro area. Their tax burden on gas is only .03 more and we have regular @ $2.34 - $2.37 for the special EPA formulation.

Attachments

• gas-tax.jpg
    gas-tax.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 78
Gas dropped all the way down to $2.19 a gallon up until today when they raised it back to $2.30 for no reason.

Yep, whats up with that? I have always wondered? I have read everything for the old retail "9's are blind" to that's the way taxing was done way back in the 20's/30's.

Last edited:
Stargazer said:
I looked back on some of your posts Iceberg and you report a drop of 24 cents in your area in just 8 days. Amazing!

on our local gas site www.twincitiesgasprices.com a month ago the average in the Twin Cities was 2.85
Today its 2.20

Not complaining here...I like this cheaper gas. Heck, the E-85 stuff I could run in the truck (once I get my O2 sensors changed) is down right now to 1.72 a gallon (its always .55 less than regular)

charper1 said:
How much does it cost to get that conversion/change? And are there any gas burning cars/trucks that you can't do it on?

There isnt a conversion kit. It either works or it don't.

My 03 Ranger is a flex fuel vehicle. Can take either gas or E-85. My issue is I went 69000 miles on unleaded before I went to E-85 (when gas was at 3.00 a gallon) and it screwed up my O2 sensors. When you go from 85% gas 15% ethanol to 85% ethanol 15% gas the engine normally just changes over but it didnt know what to do so the Check Engine Light came on. Pulled codes and it was running too lean so I said screw it and went back to unleaded. If I switched the O2 sensors I shouldnt have any issues.

I lost gas milage (thats a given) but some of the reports they show are a little far fetched. When it was all said and done I gained about $2.00 by using E-85 over unleaded. Its the highway that kills the milage. If I drove around town my milage would drop maybe 2 MPG but on highway I went from 22-23 down to 17. Barely made the discount worth it when you run 65 miles round trip a day :)

Now lots of vehicles in MN they're giving away a $1000 E-85 gas card when you buy a new vehicle. We have I think 200 E-85 stations in MN so it can be good. My grandma just got a 06 Impala and has one of those cards and she is using it. Hell, if someone gave me 1000 bucks to use on gas (even if its different) I'd use it :D

you'd know if you had a FFV (flex fuel vehicle)

But if you dont
-8th digit on VIN is a F
-on gas flap it clearly states that it can run E-85 (this one is the sure way to see)
-some vehicles have a leaf on the back (my truck does)

Iceberg said:
you'd know if you had a FFV (flex fuel vehicle)

But if you dont
-8th digit on VIN is a F
-on gas flap it clearly states that it can run E-85 (this one is the sure way to see)
-some vehicles have a leaf on the back (my truck does)

Oh OK I know I don't. Thanks