Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

IT was $ 2.91 at RAce trak and the news today said oil is over $76.00 a barel. Looks like I was right that the price would go up again, but wrong that it would happen on the 4th of July. I was only a week early in my prediction.

Our summer vacation had gas prices all over the place. We tanked up for $2.69? before leaving St. Louis, MO (the cheapest) and paid $3.25? (the most expensive) in Sault Ste. Marie, MI. But the truly most expensive gas was on Beaver Island, MI, at over $4.25?/gal.

I beleive there is a Valero Energy Corporation (Valero Fuel) refinery here in Memphis. (aka Shamrock, Diamond Shamrock, Ultramar, Beacon, and Total)

In a matter of 3-4 days it went from $2.79 jumping up several times to $3.09 then back down to $2.99 and down to $2.95 it is all over the place.

Test this LINK

Can we STICKY this map link please? Also FYI refineries will be slowing production of summer blends in preparation to switch formulas. This time frame can cause temporary price spikes because of slow production. Overall gasoline supplies fell last week for the fifth-straight week despite a jump in production of imports. Stockpiles of the motor fuel fell by 1.5 million barrels, or 0.8 percent, to 191.1 million barrels for the week ending Aug. 31. Gasoline inventories were 8.8 percent below year-ago levels.

Last edited:
charper1- It always does labor day weekend. nothing news in your post, just a reminder of what happens each year.
However, our local prices are still at 2.50 +- .05.

The one thing I could never figure out is why one area and not others get the increases / decreases sooner than others. I believe last year at this time we were running the high in the nation. Now we remain lower than others. We/ve been pretty stable since end of June.

The one thing I could never figure out is why one area and not others get the increases / decreases sooner than others.
Because not all areas use the same formulation and one specific area's supply stockpiles may or may not dip and rise as fast as another areas. Sorry my post may have contained some repeats of news that occurs seasonally, but thats because users are asking the same questions like they had never heard some of the info before.

Last edited: