Not open for further replies.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Of all the BS. Gave my Panasonic to my nephew. Never saw the magic. Free to get whatever I want whenever I want from Redbox, free from not having to wait on Netflix, etc. Hooked up my old Sony up-converter which did a better job anyway. A movie is not any better or worse just because you can see somebody's nasal hairs.

If you can see (and boast about) a difference in upconverstion from one box to another, you're ignoring the even better quality Blu-Ray provides just to make a point (therefore making the whole post look foolish and petty).

Congrats I guess though? Now you can watch an upconverted version of pretty-movie-of-the-year #4 instead of at least having the option of renting or picking up the Blu-Ray I guess?

Don't know why I like to feed trolls, they just make it so easy.

Please, don't call a fellow Pub Member a troll. Expressing my opinion.

Last edited:
Please, don't call a fellow Pub Member a troll. Expressing my opinion.

You came into a forum about a format just to dump on it in a way that doesn't make very much sense, whether it's your first post or your 20,000th, it does come across as trolling, yes. Perhaps if you were trying to discuss this 'BS' that led you to ditch the format for it'd look a bit more like a topic able to be discussed, but you've already made your decision so /shrug.

I tend to agree. The assertion made almost seems like OP is contending that you cannot rent DVDs from Redbox and play them on a Blu-ray Disc player. That's ridiculous.

And besides that, there are a certain number of movies for which the superior resolution does make a difference. The industry has even noted this, deciding that some releases (at least for now) will remain DVD-only, and only certain releases will be both DVD and Blu-ray Disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts