gbox 3000 with old actuator. doesn't switch satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
the old controller had a reading from the sensor on the actuator. with this new gbox, there is no reading. i am able to use the receiver, pvr800, to move the dish to the right transponder but there is no reading other than 0000 on the gbox. is there anyway to correct this other than ordering a new actuator? charlie

So you mean that the Dish acctually moves and you get the signal (by using the receiver) but the reading on the front of the Gbox is still 0000?. If that is the case then you must have a defective GBOX , it apparently clikcs the relay contacts and also receives the sensor pulses and stops acccordigly (click the relay again to stop) but for some reason the front panel display is not working. maybe a wire is disconnected inside for the front panel? (gets power but no data). You can try as a last resort power down the Gbox completely but that is a very long shut, it is a so simple box that I do not think a power down will fix it. Try replacing it then with the vendor.

this is a new gbox i got yesterday. the old actuator is a prosat 118 that was working well with the old prosat actuator. i just put up a 6' dish to get c-band channels. the actuator has a variable resistor that is turned by a gear when the actuator moves. the gbox only does about a degree of change each time it is triggered either from the remote on the gbox or the remote on the receiver when i go to position the antenna. once i give a postion to the bird, and then postion the next on, i can change back to the first satellite but nothing happens. i think the old controller has a voltage or current through the postion indicator that gives a position reading on the front of the controller. i got it from sadoun yesterday. charlie

this is a new gbox i got yesterday. the old actuator is a prosat 118 that was working well with the old prosat actuator. i just put up a 6' dish to get c-band channels. the actuator has a variable resistor that is turned by a gear when the actuator moves. the gbox only does about a degree of change each time it is triggered either from the remote on the gbox or the remote on the receiver when i go to position the antenna. once i give a postion to the bird, and then postion the next on, i can change back to the first satellite but nothing happens. i think the old controller has a voltage or current through the postion indicator that gives a position reading on the front of the controller. i got it from sadoun yesterday. charlie

I don't think the G-Box will work with the variable resistor on your old actuator, it is looking for a reed (or maybe an optical-type?) sensor output.

platwound is right on the money, you will have to adapt a reed switch sensor system on the old arm like i did on my old V76-1 Von Weiss. nothing wrong with the gbox. it always moves a bit when triggered but it has to stop right away because there is no sensor feedback , funny is that it has to show an error condition (er2 on my vbox II) becasue it is not reading any pulses from de "reed sensor". you will need 5 v for an optical sensor system i think but it can also be used with the vbox/gbox kind of controllers.

great reply. e2 is the error i get on the gbox also. is it cheaper to get a new actuator or find a reed switch. i was in technical all my working life and have been able to fix my good receiver when it got a power supply problem and works well now. now that i am retired i have more money that sense so i will order a new actuator from sadoun. they are used to getting my paypal checks... charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts