GBox subforum

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
Ok, there are so many users/questions about the GBox V3000 that it deserves its own sub-forum here under the C-Band forum. What do you think guys?

V-Box-III-V3000-2.jpg

What's a GBox you ask? Check here

I am looking at the picture above and it looks like a piece of art. Nice industrial design and form factor :D

Sadoun, gotta disagree with ya there. There need be no discussion about it. If you have a BUD, your only choice for a new dish positioner box is a GBOX. No discussion needed. :)

And besides, we have too damn many subforums now...;)

I'm with Stogie ... it's the solution I recommend. Is there another?
And, there seem few problems or misunderstandings with it.
The review is certainly positive, and I point folks to it for encouragement, if needed.

What might be good is an FAQ or a how-to guide.
Maybe some tested examples of how to get it to work on a single receiver along with a small Ku motor - that's always a hassle.
Or a discussion of how to move the BUD/Gbox with any of several receivers.
For instance, if you have a bedroom TV and it's used when the living room set is not in use.

These are fairly advanced matters, and pointing to previous discussions might be adequate.
Plus, it's the simple usage that should probably be focused on, for an FAQ.

I have had this box for about 4 months and worked great before it crapped out on me. I get a e--2 error code on front of box. thought it may be my wiring, or maybe a sensor problem. I got a new actuator and hooked it up directly to the g box and it still has the problem. It pulses power to the actuator and moves it slightly before receiving the e--2 message. But yes I loved it for a little while.

Thanks starman, but It's working now for some strange reason. I went ahead and hooked it all back up with new actuator at dish thinking that at least i could pulse it to different locations although slow it would be better than nothing. All hooked up it is working like a champ, maybe was a sensor issue, dont know.

'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)