Gefen HDTV switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

polargrowler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Hi! I just bought one of these so I could use my DVI connection from both my DirecTV and Dish boxes. It works fine most of the time, but tends to "freeze" every once in a while. The power indicator stays lit, but it won't change inputs by the remote, the front button, or the Harmony 880 that I use. I have to disconnect the power, then re-connect - then it's fine for a few more uses until it freezes again. Anyone else having this problem? Any idea what I could do to fix it? I returned the first switcher, thinking it was defective, but the second one does the same thing! Thanks in advance.

I have the Dtronics DVI switch and it is a little touchy also. Doesn't hang like you describe, but doesn't always handshake when I switch from my HD receiver to my DVD player. Won't let me surf back and forth. I end up powering off the DVD player and restarting it, then the handshake occurs and all is well. At least I don't have to leave my chair.

Carl B said:
I have the Dtronics DVI switch and it is a little touchy also. Doesn't hang like you describe, but doesn't always handshake when I switch from my HD receiver to my DVD player. Won't let me surf back and forth. I end up powering off the DVD player and restarting it, then the handshake occurs and all is well. At least I don't have to leave my chair.

LOL! We've come a long way since I was a kid and you had to actually get up to adjust the volume and/or change the channel! Thanks for the response - guess I'll just have to live with the glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)