general newbie question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonyc994

Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
-okay iv been doing my research and i hope i dont get anyone pissed by asking a question already answered but if i hook up a pansat 3500 fta box does it require any communitcation with my cpu??
i see the connection cable and im not to sure exactly what its for??
- also if i use it and they are scrambled channels does that mean that those are encrypted channels or no, and if not is there some kind of descrambler for fta channels and is this done by the computer??

thnax -tony

FTA channels are just that, FREE and un-encrypted. There is NO WAY to un-scramble PAY channels legally.

Most receivers come with the latest firmware and there is NO NEED for any update. The cable that came with it is for updating LEGAL software as sometimes there are small glitches in the software or new satellites are added..........

Moving to the MAIN FTA area.

3500 should have come with an sd card too. You can use that to move files between computer and the fta box without the need for the other port on the back of the box. You can save firmware and channel bin files.

If your computer has a camera card reader, you can use the sd card as a floppy disk, save the channel and firmware info from your pansat 3500, move it to a safe place on your hard drive, and store it away somewhere (CD burner or something else) in case you have a problem and have to reset the pansat to factory settings somewhere down the road... way easier to load up a saved channel bin file than re-blind scanning each and every satellite on the horizon. I so far have only had a glitch with my pansat 3500 two times, and I think both times were due to having too many tps in memory.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)