Genie 34- decca (?) says ethernet not wireless

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccchuck

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
usa
New genie install, sad to say not 44, everything ok BUT tech couldn't get the decca box (?) to find the net. When set for wireless kept saying ethernet, then wouldn't connect. Tried second box with similar results.
The router is "seeing" other wireless in the area to include the Roku box one shelf down.
Tech says another truck will have to roll to correct the problem. How long is normal for followup?

Advice sought ( no 44's in my area, I listened as tech called around), 7 34's on his truck new in box.. sigh.

If its a wireless CCK and he left it there, remove the ethernet cable. (Remove it from both the CCK AND the receiver, then unplug the CCK for 30 seconds)
It should only be connected with coax. Cable from the wall goes to "LNB" and the "IRD" goes to the satellite in on the receiver.
Once you get it hooked up right, re-run network setup and select wireless.. Note: once it asks for your network password, it usually takes a couple tries before it connects.

One more note... once you've removed the ethernet cable, it would be a good idea to reset the Genie, to make sure it switches from the Ethernet port to the Coax.
AND, just so you know whats going on, the Genies, H24, HR24 and H25 all have 2 network adapters built in.. the Ethernet port and one connected to the Satellite in (Coax). If an Ethernet cable is plugged into the receiver it shuts down the one on the Satellite in port. This is probably whats causing the problem.

I really appreciate the help, yes it is wireless CCK, but no ethernet cable is connected ti it (or elsewhere). The cable from the dish is on the right terminal and a short coax the other to the 34.
Been through setup several times- once or twice the genie reported the correct info, 192.x.x.x , etc, (that is the router assigned it an address) except the genie said "ethernet connection". Then it would not connect.

Even when i used advanced setup, manually enter everything, it still says "ethernet".

A Roku in the same room is connected wirelessly to the same router and works fine.

You REALLY dont want to play with the advanced setup. That could be causing the problems.. I'd try going into network setup, then select on "Restore Defaults", then reset the Genie and try running network setup again.
It's strange that it's saying ethernet, but if it will detect wireless networks then ignore it, probably a silly software goof. As long as it's seeing wireless networks in the setup routine, you're good to go.
Come to think of it, it's possible that it's reporting "Ethernet" because it's connected to the router through the coax, rather than using the built in MOCA network (MOCA is the coax network the receivers use when not connected to a router)

New genie install, sad to say not 44, everything ok BUT tech couldn't get the decca box (?) to find the net. When set for wireless kept saying ethernet, then wouldn't connect. Tried second box with similar results. The router is "seeing" other wireless in the area to include the Roku box one shelf down. Tech says another truck will have to roll to correct the problem. How long is normal for followup? Advice sought ( no 44's in my area, I listened as tech called around), 7 34's on his truck new in box.. sigh.

There's not many 44's out there at all currently. We're getting the 34's and 31's across the country again so until we run through that refurbed stuff that's all we'll be hooking up. As for the wifi not working, looks like somebody has you on the right track already

And I am back, its working finally!
Just kept re-setting and re-doing, may have been related to lower case "router name" <?>

thanks for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)