whole home DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jackm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
I recently activated Whole Home DVR service. Tried to watch a program that I recorded on another DVR - it was listed in the guide on the receiver I wanted to watch it on, but when I hit play - it started and just froze...after 30 sec it played a few seconds then froze again. Any thoughts - no problem getting the internet, youtube etc on either DVR ...Thanks for the help.

Check your satellite signal as well. Anything under 75% should def. be checked out. During the time of the recording you may have had a lower strength signal. This can cause that issue. Def. as advised above start with a reboot. I recommend rebooting these things like once a week. You don't have to, but, they are pretty much computers. (in their own little way of course)

You say you just activated whole home DVR, so I just want to rule it out - what are the receivers you are using and how are they connected (a SWM network via coax or ethernet or some type of wireless bridge, etc).

That can make a big difference in what direction to go.

You say you just activated whole home DVR, so I just want to rule it out - what are the receivers you are using and how are they connected (a SWM network via coax or ethernet or some type of wireless bridge, etc).

That can make a big difference in what direction to go.

Especially if you're using ethernet or wireless bridging. Avoid that stuff at all costs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)