Genie Gen 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
IMG_2396.jpg
listed as; HR54-200

Tried to get the installer to install the towered genie but he said that it was only for existing customer upgrades.

You got the correct information- The reason is Because With the HS17 - You can NOT have any (as in) NONE of the current receivers - the only thing allowed on your Account with a HS17 are Client's (MINI's).

By offering it to existing customers -they can remove a lot of older receivers out in the field. -

I wonder how many don't want the HS17 just because it doesn't physically fit in their setup.

You got the correct information- The reason is Because With the HS17 - You can NOT have any (as in) NONE of the current receivers - the only thing allowed on your Account with a HS17 are Client's (MINI's).

By offering it to existing customers -they can remove a lot of older receivers out in the field. -

Why wouldn’t a tech want to do a new install with the Hs17? Wouldn’t it make sense to get all new customers on board with the latest and greatest?

Why wouldn’t a tech want to do a new install with the Hs17? Wouldn’t it make sense to get all new customers on board with the latest and greatest?
It's not up to the tech, it's a company decision. At some point new customers can probably get one.

I've been with them 21 years with the 2-year replacement plan and my newest is an HR24. Won't upgrade as they wouldn't promise me an HS17. Plus, I haven't read a lot of happy stories about it.

In forums such as this you tend to hear complaints. I'm a ten year customer and upgraded to the HS17 w/clients in August. I'm very happy with it.

The 4K picture is outstanding and the wired 4K clients are every bit as responsive as my old HR44/HR24 combination.

hs17 has too many issues, stick with the hr54

the hr54 can not do 4k unless it has a c61k with it

Reactions: cinsu
hs17 has too many issues, stick with the hr54

the hr54 can not do 4k unless it has a c61k with it
Neither can the HS17, and it can do two 4k streams, the HR54 only one. That's the only advantages I see since you can't use an HR24 with an HS17.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)