Genie (HR44) Freezing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tidalcloud

Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
My Genie has been freezing for a couple of months now with it becoming more frequent of late. These are not weather or satellite related freezes. Rather - the unit will freeze on whatever was last input from remote and will not take any input from remote (most of the time). Sometimes it will release after some period of time and on other occasions I have to reset the unit. Occasionaly a channel change will fix it. Most of the time this occurs off of a pause on live or recorded tv. Today it froze on a rewind through buffer. The rewind continued but I could not stop it, change channels or really do anything at all. It is becoming very frustrating, especially when forced to reset.

Is your HR44 connected to the internet and if so howis it connected?

It may also be related to remote control. First, which remote are you using? RC-xx? Second, are you using it in RF or IR mode? Third, have you tried changing to the opposite mode? If RF, switch to IR, or vice versa? When you press a button on the remote, does the power/Directv button on the receiver blink, indicating it has received the command from the remote? Does the light at the top of the remote blink when a button is pressed? If you hold the number 1 button down, does the light at the top of the remote stay on in a steady light, or does it flash on and off? Just some checks to verify remote functions.

I've been having a similar problem lately on my HR-44. Sometimes it will freeze up when scrolling through the guide or changing the channel up or down. Most of the time it will release after 30 seconds or a minute but I have had to reboot. Might be a separate issue since it's not on playback. I've never had this problem until lately and I have had the HR-44 for two years.

I remember that happening frequently on my HR-23 back in the day. Never did find a reason. Only an upgrade to an HR-24 resolved my dissatisfaction.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)