HR44 wiring setup help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

enasnitsi

Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
Minnesota
I just moved my dish and dvr receiver and 1 genie box. I hooked it all up with the SWM and it worked for 2 days but now I can't get a signal. Just am wondering if I have it hooked up right or not.

Coax from dish goes to power to SWM on the ODU. Signal to IRD goes to the IN on the splitter. DC power pass out goes to the HR44 dvr. One of the other out ports goes to the mini genie. Is that wired correctly? Can't figure out how I get no signal. Dish is aimed where it is suppose to be. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
that's wired correctly, the only thing is it looks like its not grounded properly. are you getting a 771 or 775 error?

:welcome to Satelliteguys enasnitsi!

Like Zashel asked, are you getting a 771 (alignment) or 775 (swm issue) error? What are your signal strengths on all of the satellites except 99s and 103s?

If you are seeing "No signal" on the TV, you are probably on the wrong input, or the HDMI cable is not connected to the TV. "No signal" means the TV is not receiving a signal from an input device.

I'm getting code 771. I have 0 for all signals. I also can't play some recordings that are in the dvr and when I hit menu the options on the left that are usually there are now gone. I tried moving the dish left and right some each way to see if anything would change but it stays at 0 all the time.

Why would the menu options not be available and why would only some recordings be abl to be played. Shouldn't even need to be plugged into the dish for those. The mini genie won't even detect being on the network with the dvr and won't even access recorded shows.

Once you lose communication with the dish, recordings are unavailable. Are the available ones ota recordings? Those would remain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)