genie hr44 work with Gemini ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have an HR44 and heard for several years that Directv would not authorize that unit for 4K . Has there been a change ?

Back in the day, the HR44 wouldn't handle 4k, while the HR54 would (thinking the C61k (4k client) will work with the 54 but not the 44, but that too MAY have changed over time.

Last edited:
The HR44 wouldn’t handle 4K at the time because early 4K broadcasts used transponder bonding. Better encoding has made that unnecessary.

That said, it is DIRECTV policy not to activate 4K service on an HR44. At Solid Signal we have done it on rare occasions but it’s not something you should count on.

Add to that, any HR44s are now about 10 years old and should probably be retired already.

How much dose DTV charge for an activation for Gemini and Genie HR44 and Genie min ?

The HR44 wouldn’t handle 4K at the time because early 4K broadcasts used transponder bonding. Better encoding has made that unnecessary.

That said, it is DIRECTV policy not to activate 4K service on an HR44. At Solid Signal we have done it on rare occasions but it’s not something you should count on.

Add to that, any HR44s are now about 10 years old and should probably be retired already.
I still have HR24's in my system (2) ... I don't want to go to the Clients as I can't use them for tailgaiting or camping or anything else, seeing they need a Server ... I REALLY HATED the Server idea.

How much dose DTV charge for an activation for Gemini and Genie HR44 and Genie min ?

DirecTVFanSinc I am a disabled person not tech savvy​

Here is where I stand with everything am trying to do the I got a Gemini and New Genie HR44 instead of hassle of getting HR54 from DTV whch sent wrong equitment twice between the two sticking with new HR44 instead of hassle with DTV about the DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers I want to buy it online like Amazon or Solid Signal or Weakness cause the hassle of getting it from DTV is not worth it I think If I did get it online how dose activation work for DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers ?

DirecTVFanSinc I am a disabled person not tech savvy​

Here is where I stand with everything am trying to do the I got a Gemini and New Genie HR44 instead of hassle of getting HR54 from DTV whch sent wrong equitment twice between the two sticking with new HR44 instead of hassle with DTV about the DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers I want to buy it online like Amazon or Solid Signal or Weakness cause the hassle of getting it from DTV is not worth it I think If I did get it online how dose activation work for DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers ?
Based on my recent experience with Solid Signal, just ask them (or whoever you buy it from). They are selling it, so they should be able to tell you if they can activate it with your equipment. They are easy to deal with - just get get them on chat on their website or call them and a normal human, processing and proffering facts and information in a logically consistent manner [i.e. not reading from a script] will pick up. It's not like calling DirecTV where you have to descend into the netherworld (unless you get a nice lady from Montana who is building a greenhouse, like I did the other day).

DirecTVFanSinc I should keep the New hr44 rather then get the hr54 I thought the hr54 is newer ?​

Everyone should I keep the New hr44 rather then get the hr54 I thought the hr54 is newer much difference ?​

DirecTVFanSinc

I keep the hr44-500 or get the hr54 the difference is between the two are ?​

You cant get 4K with the hr44 with or without the client. But you have been told this at the other site. The hr54 gives you the option.( for 4k you must have a client as the hr54 dose not output 4k. Hence the client for 4k)

Status
Please reply by conversation.