genie hr44 work with Gemini ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Reactions: AZ.
I still have HR24's in my system (2) ... I don't want to go to the Clients as I can't use them for tailgaiting or camping or anything else, seeing they need a Server ... I REALLY HATED the Server idea.
we have the server and we have an H24 box on our acct just for the access fee. it's NOT tied into the the G2 at all we use a second dish. it's for camping and tailgating only.

we have the server and we have an H24 box on our acct just for the access fee. it's NOT tied into the the G2 at all we use a second dish. it's for camping and tailgating only.
Thats the H24, not a Client.

The Push is to have everyone go to the Server (HS17) that works with Clients only.

The OLD stuff H/HR24 works without a server.

Thats the H24, not a Client.

The Push is to have everyone go to the Server (HS17) that works with Clients only.

The OLD stuff H/HR24 works without a server.
our setup is the G2 with 3 C61K mini's aka clients. they let us add the H24 to our acct for tailgating. i don't know if you remember but they would never let people add a box that wasn't a client!!

our setup is the G2 with 3 C61K mini's aka clients. they let us add the H24 to our acct for tailgating. i don't know if you remember but they would never let people add a box that wasn't a client!!
Wow, didn't know that ...
I've talked to them about getting a 2nd HR54 (they refuse) even though I tell them it won't be used ion the same network.

Wow, didn't know that ...
I've talked to them about getting a 2nd HR54 (they refuse) even though I tell them it won't be used ion the same network.
oh yea when they released the G2 the only thing they would allow on the network was clients. you can get a second HR-54 but you need a whole seperate acct paying another bill!!! but with the G2 they would not even allow standard HD boxes on peoples accts. they told me i needed a seprate acct for that. i told em they were out of there fraking minds. it was a battle just to get them to add an H24 to our acct!!!

Last edited:

raoul5788 how dare you tell Diirectv to close my thread when someone was givng me answers tell em to open it !​

this thread was started saturday!!! i could have had the new receivers installed and up and running between then and now. best to call directv!!!

Reactions: Jimbo

raoul5788 how dare you tell Diirectv to close my thread when someone was givng me answers tell em to open it !​

I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't tell anyone to close any thread. Which thread are you talking about?

Reactions: Jimbo
OP has caused a 29 page lengthy thread at DBSTalk asking the same questions with good answers:
sportman31 Genie-Gemini DIRECTV Configuration Questions

Also by us at DIRECTV community forums:
This whole thread has become complete insanity

Raoul had no part in what you state. He is not part of the DIRECTV Community Forums.

We closed your thread because you continued to post question after question and still had trouble understanding what others posted. A thread that goes down a rabbit hole is certainly unwanted, especially over on the directv forums. We hate to close threads that are still in progress, but must do so when members continue to copy and paste questions from other platforms ( here and DBSTalk) and simply disregard previous posted messages.

Sportman, while we as staff, and the members here are more than glad to be of assistance, I feel like your concerns have been answered a few times already, and the thread is going in circles.

Nothing more to gain from this thread, so as much as I do not want to, I am going to close it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.