Genie Recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aaron27932

Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
NC
Hey does anyone know if you can still watch your recordings on your Genie dvr if the service is disconnected due to non payment? My service is not permanently disconnected just wont be able to pay until 5 days from now? Is there any way to watch your recorded programs if service is disconnected until it can be reinstated? Thanks for your help.

If your dvr isn't functional now, the only way to get it to work is paying the balance due.

No what im saying is i have service now but it is scheduled to be disconnected in a day or 2 i wanted to knw if it does get disconnected will i be able to watch my recordings til i pay my bill ?

A definite MAYBE! :) Disconnect your dvr before the service is stopped. That way you will have "some" time until the dvr is deactivated. How long isn't really known, but it is likely a few days. If you wait to disconnect it until after you are turned off, the dvr won't work at all.

the issue is if it cant find the satellite signal every 10 minutes it will reboot while you are watching the DVR programs. Use to have that issue when we'd get a snowstorm and the signal was blocked

What he's talking about is if he will still be able to access his recordings with a suspended account. Chip was right. When your service is suspended the dvr access is also removed. If you unplug your box before the hit goes through to knock it off you MIGHT buy yourself a day or two.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Try calling customer service for an extension, 5 days late isn't that bad....of course if you are 3 months and 5 days behind that might be a different story, but it doesn't hurt to ask....just a thought.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts