GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Haven't been on here in a while, is 1372 still the latest firmware? Also I'm having issues with my HH90 motor. When I select 125w Ku it goes there but doesn't stay, goes all the way back to 0 position then returns to 125w and stops. I get weaker signals from this satellite, so I'm wondering if that may be causing it to act that way. Everything below 125w to 77w Ku seems to be fine. Haven't been able to get anything below 77w where I live, or above 125w, but I think I may have a little blockage due to being in a low lying area, thinking about installing the dish on top of an old 36ft. radio tower to see if I can get better reception.

How do you add channels manually using transponder, APID and VPID settings, etc. on a satellite that currently has no channels? I couldn't find a way to do that, only on satellites that had channels already. Am I missing something? Is the channel editor still in the works? That sure would simplify things...

Haven't been on here in a while, is 1372 still the latest firmware? Also I'm having issues with my HH90 motor. When I select 125w Ku it goes there but doesn't stay, goes all the way back to 0 position then returns to 125w and stops. I get weaker signals from this satellite, so I'm wondering if that may be causing it to act that way. Everything below 125w to 77w Ku seems to be fine. Haven't been able to get anything below 77w where I live, or above 125w, but I think I may have a little blockage due to being in a low lying area, thinking about installing the dish on top of an old 36ft. radio tower to see if I can get better reception.
I discovered my HH90 problem, bad cable... and now I can pick up 58w to 125w with most averaging between 85% to 98% signal quality, but 103w's NBC/COZI feeds being the weakest signals averaging 10%

I discovered my HH90 problem, bad cable... and now I can pick up 58w to 125w with most averaging between 85% to 98% signal quality, but 103w's NBC/COZI feeds being the weakest signals averaging 10%

Same problem here. New satellite and normal skew, still very weak NBC & Cozi. 90cm dish. I assume I need a larger dish to bring in these DVB-S2 signals?

Is 1372 still the latest firmware? Thanks for the update.
Great news, Team. We now have Multi-satellite scan enabled. If you are on FTA firmware, just go to Menu > Version > Online Update and select version 1392.

Please report how it worked for you.

For manual USB update, the link is here: http://hdvrbox.com/up/gs/multi/usb_update.bin

MultiScan.jpg

I have been actively following this topic and also have been considering the 3500 as an addition to my list.However I do probably 5-7 timer events each day to watch later on when things quieten down a tad here. So have the record and or quality issues been resolved? At this time the majority of my recording comes from MeTv,Cozi and Escape. Are frequent lockups still a bit of a problem? The IPTV part is likely not of significant interest to me..but the XBMC/KODI may be as I watch some things I miss from the big 3 network apps and Genesis currently on KODI. I'm happy to work with development anyway I can as I have a current working work horse, but it does buck me off sometimes :) The main reason for looking at the 3500 as a replacement somewhere down the road.

I'm kinda used to things not doing what they should :) I operated a radio/TV show right out of high school and went into 2 way work when TV's got impractical to repair :crying

Thanks for any input !!

Is this thing still being beta tested or is it stable?

It seems fairly stable ... at least for my use. I can't speak for diseqc performance as my receiver is slaved to fixed dishes and thus I don't need to control the movement of the dish or the selection of a LNB or bandswitch. There are still has some performance issues I have that may or may not be fixable. It seems like the HDVR3500 has issues on weaker signals compared to my other receivers who knows if tuner software interface tweaking would improve that or if it's a purely hardware thing. I also still have problems with locking and tuning close together carriers of the same symbol rate (such as the digital multicast carriers on SES-1 C-band or the slew of satellite newsgathering carriers found on ku-band at times when there is heavier activity). You'll get locks on some carrier frequencies in a grouping, no locks on others and when you go to tune them after locking, you usually will get the same video service displayed on two nearby carrier frequencies when you channel through them when in fact there is different programming on each carrier.

20170724_105713.jpg

I would like to know the difference between the firmware file and the multi-sat test. Also the online version is lower than the usb file supplied.

View attachment 127369
I would like to know the difference between the firmware file and the multi-sat test. Also the online version is lower than the usb file supplied.
Multi-Sat test adds ability to scan all selected satellites at once, where the receiver will send Diseqc or USALS commands to move your dish and scan all the satellites you have pre-configured.

This firmware ads additional corporate features like the automatic BISS key updating. (we have several corporate clients that roll keys)

There is minor improvement in the IPTV and Application support. We are also going to introduce option of Glorystar starting with IPTV list instead of satellite as well as Only Adventist channels if customer wants to enjoy only Adventist channels and not all the Glorystar channels in their main channel list.

Steve, were you looking for a particular feature?

Multi-Sat test adds ability to scan all selected satellites at once, where the receiver will send Diseqc or USALS commands to move your dish and scan all the satellites you have pre-configured.

This firmware ads additional corporate features like the automatic BISS key updating. (we have several corporate clients that roll keys)

There is minor improvement in the IPTV and Application support. We are also going to introduce option of Glorystar starting with IPTV list instead of satellite as well as Only Adventist channels if customer wants to enjoy only Adventist channels and not all the Glorystar channels in their main channel list.

Steve, were you looking for a particular feature?

No, but regarding IPTV, do you happen to have a glorystar IPTV channel .xml file? I would like to customize it. The reason I'm asking for the glorystar IPTV channel list, is that ~20 channels do not work, and I do not need the spanish, french, and radio channels.

In the non-glorystar firmware, you should remove all of the glorystar locks and IPTV defaults.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)