GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What satellite and transponder were you dealing with?
The channels that I was referring to are on Galaxy 19 (97W) C 3980Mhz/30000Kbps/H DVB-S2 16APSK
Also to note, the Strength and quality numbers are the same for all firmware versions but for some reason the 1364 version seems to do a better job handling and displaying the signal.

The channels that I was referring to are on Galaxy 19 (97W) C 3980Mhz/30000Kbps/H DVB-S2 16APSK
Also to note, the Strength and quality numbers are the same for all firmware versions but for some reason the 1364 version seems to do a better job handling and displaying the signal.
Thank you for this report. I will look into the signal sensitivity. I have not observed difference in sensitivity, but we are working on better C/N representation.

Thank you for this report. I will look into the signal sensitivity. I have not observed difference in sensitivity, but we are working on better C/N representation.
I am trying the Firmware version 1372 again to further compare it to the 1364 version. I am thinking that my trouble of not holding a solid lock on some channels may have been caused by the wifi connection failing and continually trying to connect in the background as I was watching satellite channels. I have encountered video stuttering and hanging in the past with the wifi connection trouble issue. I will continue using 1372 to see if it performs equally to the 1364 in regards to locking the HD channels on 97W Cband channels. I really need to watch it through the mid-day to late evening hours because those hours during this time of year are when channels seem to be weakest in my location. It is working perfect tonight using 1372 and with the wifi network connected. I will post soon my results. I don't want to cause people lost time on a bad initial report.

Reactions: SatelliteAV
I am trying the Firmware version 1372 again to further compare it to the 1364 version. I am thinking that my trouble of not holding a solid lock on some channels may have been caused by the wifi connection failing and continually trying to connect in the background as I was watching satellite channels. I have encountered video stuttering and hanging in the past with the wifi connection trouble issue. I will continue using 1372 to see if it performs equally to the 1364 in regards to locking the HD channels on 97W Cband channels. I really need to watch it through the mid-day to late evening hours because those hours during this time of year are when channels seem to be weakest in my location. It is working perfect tonight using 1372 and with the wifi network connected. I will post soon my results. I don't want to cause people lost time on a bad initial report.
Let's continue monitoring. I appreciate the effort.

I'm using 1372 also. Set a recording last night for 1hour using the record button(not a scheduled event). Left the room and came back 3 hours later, it was still recording. Can you check to see why it won't stop after the recording set time expires. Thanks.

Default recording set to manual, recording does not stop at selected time on either 1372 or when I just rolled back to 1364 no stop. Just keeps recording. Using internal USB drive

Default recording set to manual, recording does not stop at selected time on either 1372 or when I just rolled back to 1364 no stop. Just keeps recording. Using internal USB drive
We tested the set times and it worked as expected. I am working on duplicating your error.

The Public file has been approved.

New approved firmware version for GEOSATpro HDVR3500 is 1372 - September 29, 2016 - http://hdvrbox.com/up/fta/usb_update.bin

Updated features of Firmware version 1372:

1. Ability to add IPTV stream using a remote.
2. Ability to select that added stream as first channel when IPTV is selected.
3. Removed default channel list that includes G19 channels - We have asked many of our FTA customers and they do not care about start up channels - if anyone needs them from G19 - they can activate receiver in Glorystar mode and then revert back. So no more "unremovable" channels on FTA mode.
4. Improved Audio streams on IPTV
5. Improved Closed Captioning on IPTV
6. Put ground work for anyone to launch and operate their own IPTV channel - we will be updating on this later

Pending features / updates:

1. Multi-satellite scan
2. CC fix for Composite
3. OS X connectivity - we had some success but not consistent connectivity from Macs to HDVR share.

Is the update available OTA or through the online upgrade? I can't get it to accept the file from either the front or rear USB. It looks like it's upgrading, but after it reboots, it's still version 1344. I've tried the forced upgrade method and it won't work for me either.

Thanks!

Is the update available OTA or through the online upgrade? I can't get it to accept the file from either the front or rear USB. It looks like it's upgrading, but after it reboots, it's still version 1344. I've tried the forced upgrade method and it won't work for me either.

Thanks!
Dave, sometimes, when the file on the main internal drive is good the receiver first looks there. Please delete the USB_UPDATE file off the internal drive. Easiest way to do it is Menu > Manager > Data Transfer > Data Download from USB storage and locate the USB_update file and delete it by choosing red button

let me ask you, were you not able to download update via internet on the receiver?

I am planning to post OTA update soon, i will let you know.

Dave, sometimes, when the file on the main internal drive is good the receiver first looks there. Please delete the USB_UPDATE file off the internal drive. Easiest way to do it is Menu > Manager > Data Transfer > Data Download from USB storage and locate the USB_update file and delete it by choosing red button

let me ask you, were you not able to download update via internet on the receiver?

I am planning to post OTA update soon, i will let you know.
I have it updated now, I connected to the share using VirtualBox with Windows XP on my Mac, and deleted it, then replaced with the new file from here and all went well.

But no, it was still showing 1344 for the update on the receiver, but the channel file update was there.

While I'm thinking about it, any progress in a channel/satellite editor for the PC or Mac?

I have it updated now, I connected to the share using VirtualBox with Windows XP on my Mac, and deleted it, then replaced with the new file from here and all went well.

But no, it was still showing 1344 for the update on the receiver, but the channel file update was there.

While I'm thinking about it, any progress in a channel/satellite editor for the PC or Mac?
Please, call me during business hours! i would love to walk you through. 888-483-4673

Please, call me during business hours! i would love to walk you through. 888-483-4673
I called but didn't know who to ask for or what it was in reference to. The person that answered wasn't aware that I was asked to call. I'm not having any problems, so I wasn't sure what you were talking about walking me through. Unless you're talking about the channel/satellite editor, that's all I really need at this moment. Don't want to use the remote to add or alter channels, too time consuming when I have about 100 channels I would like to manually add/edit.

THANKS!

I called but didn't know who to ask for or what it was in reference to. The person that answered wasn't aware that I was asked to call. I'm not having any problems, so I wasn't sure what you were talking about walking me through. Unless you're talking about the channel/satellite editor, that's all I really need at this moment. Don't want to use the remote to add or alter channels, too time consuming when I have about 100 channels I would like to manually add/edit.

THANKS!
Did I understand correctly that you updated it successfully? Support team told me you succeeded. Please confirm.

Channel manager is not being worked on, i am looking for third party help. Give me an offer.

Did I understand correctly that you updated it successfully? Support team told me you succeeded. Please confirm.

Channel manager is not being worked on, i am looking for third party help. Give me an offer.
Yes I was able to upgrade. So far I have no issues.

One thing I would like is to uninstall the out dated XBMC. A lot of plugins no longer work, so it would be nice to be able to completely uninstall it from the receiver and no longer have it as a feature in future updates, as it is becoming more and more unusable.

I would like to see more improvements to IPTV, to include other types of streams, or maybe check into adding some of the popular free streaming apps that are available on other platforms, such as Crackle, Popcornflix, Snagfilms, The CW, Rolling Stone, Us Weekly, Red Bull TV, Pandora, iHeartRadio, etc.

Many thanks for all that you do to bring us a great receiver, and can't wait to see what's new down the road...

Reactions: SatelliteAV
SatelliteAV, which radio streaming formats are compatible with the HDVR3500 within the IPTV app?

I was able to add a few, but for some reason I had some that would not work, but will work in iTunes or VLC.

For example:
http://audio-ice1.ibiblio.org:8000/wncw-128k

Will NOT work on the HDVR3500, but works in VLC

However:
http://hearme.fm:8599/stream

works just fine...

Another one, http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/pls/WIRK_FMAAC.pls

After adding to VLC, I was able to get it to work, because it shows the various ports after adding to VLC, so I picked the 1st one and added it to the HDVR3500

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 3.22.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 3.39.48 AM.png

SatelliteAV, which radio streaming formats are compatible with the HDVR3500 within the IPTV app?

I was able to add a few, but for some reason I had some that would not work, but will work in iTunes or VLC.

For example:

However:

works just fine...

After adding to VLC, I was able to get it to work, because it shows the various ports after adding to VLC, so I picked the 1st one and added it to the HDVR3500

View attachment 121258 View attachment 121259

Almost all streams work in HDVR3500 due to how the decoder is set up.

Let me test your examples tomorrow and I will update you.

For example:

However:

works just fine...

View attachment 121258 View attachment 121259
The WNCW is working just fine, if you are using Glorystar mode, go to IPTV and the station will be in Russian-Ukrainian section on the bottom.
If you are using FTA mode, it will be on the bottom of the Main list.

The PLS files are actually playlists. So every PLS as well as some HLS playlists consist of different feeds. So select the first one.

I added the first one as an example on the bottom of the Main in FTA and in Russian-Ukrainian category as WIRK.

most any radio feed will work and if it's not, probably the complete link was not punched in correctly. Make sure full link is entered, including http://www and whatever else is in the link.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but is there a way to stream tuned audio services from the HDVR3500 to my ipod touch internet device over my home network.

A pouplar internet mobile audio app has various pro sport league broadcasts... on their premium service (not their free part of the service).

Considering my local AM station that carries Westwood one NFL football goes into the toilet at night - has to lower the transmit power at sunset that makes reception difficult and horrible -- I was hoping that I could tune the satellite feed with the HDVR3500 and be able to IP stream it over my wireless home network and use my ipod touch or android tablet to receive the local IP audio stream so I can listen over home wifi while in my backyard or front yard relaxing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)