GEOSATpro Receivers Officially Supported by Slingbox

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Now you can watch and control your GEOSATpro satellite receiver with Slingbox. Sling Media announced on 5/31/2012 the release of official support for GEOSATpro products. Slingbox Answers Forum: What's New: More new remotes added!

Not only will you be able to watch live, dvr, and multimedia files, but you will also be able to access full menu settings for setting recordings, antenna set-up, switch and motor setting from any computer, smart phone or tablet.

During testing, I used the Slingbox to assist in installing a motorized dish and was able to drive the motor between satellites and view the signal meter on both my iPhone and Android tablet. No need to drag a TV or receiver out to the dish. Great to be able to set timers, watch live FTA and control my home microHD motorized system while at work or on the road. Slingbox controls all remote functions for GEOSATpro models: microHD, DSR100, 200 and DVR1100.

Thanks to Scott for your support and introductions!

Brian, Glad I could help and am proud that MicroHD will be the ONLY DVB-S2 to have full Slingbox support out of the box!

This means you can watch your MicroHD ANYWHERE! And access the menus and all the features anywhere as well, but control it just like you were sitting in front of it.

So now you will be able to enjoy FULL FTA Satisfaction at work, sitting in the airport, at your Hotel or even sitting at the beach!

If your at work and major news strikes you can quickly tune into the raw news feeds from anywhere!

So many uses! Watch control and enjoy on your PC, you mac, your ipad, your iphone, your android devices and more!

I am very proud that I could set Brian up with the proper folks at Sling Media to make this all possible! And am very excited that shortly everyone will be able to watch, control and enjoy their MicroHD anywhere! :D

This is good news for the MicroHD, but I have always found the Slingbox to be useless, because streaming video requires a good high speed connection with lots of bandwidth both of which I have never had in any hotel or while at work. Plus why people watch video on a small iPhone screen is beyond me.

I find the SlingBox quite usefull and with a multi-media machine like the MicroHD attached, the possibilities are exciting. I agree with Popcorn on the little screens, what a waste. But I use it on big computer monitors. 1mb upload speed is all it needs. Fortunately I have tons of bandwith and that's not a problem. I love the idea of having access to my entire media library from anywhere via the microHD and the SB. Way better than Netflicks ;)

I use the Slingbox app on my iPhone all the time!

Here are some of the uses...

- Breaking News - I want to see whats going on not just hear about it on the radio.
- Check the score - if I am out and want to check the score I will turn it on.
- Babysitter - Some time if my youngest son is being fussy (such as at a resturant) I turn on Spongebob and hand him the phone.
- Testing Things - When working on the dish no need to carry out a receiver and tv, instead I make my changes and watch what happens on the screen.
- Airports - While waiting for the next plane or just checking the news back home.
- To look cool - Want to impress your friend whip out your phone and show them live TV from home including all your DVR recordings. :D

Around here Bandwidth is not a problem, I have 30 down and 10 up for $49 a month. :D

Last edited:
A trip to the bathroom works for the little ones being fussy. I give them the reward of a belt instead of sponge bob :)

15/1.5(after powerboost inflation wears off) here for $35 a month. Slingbox works great on that speed.

Glad to see this announcement!!

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

rv1pop said:
on a very GOOD day and time 0.650 down and 0.240 up, for 39.95 a month! This AM was 0.240 down 0.540 up -- go figure!

:eek:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I'm glad to hear that the GEOSATpro is fully supported by the Slingbox. I use one on my Fortec Mercury II and another on my Coolsat 8100. Both work but as mentioned lack full compatibility. I'm standing in line waiting to replace the Coolsat with the microHD.

As for the list of things you can do with a Slingbox I'll add that I end up using my a lot more around my own house than I do remotely.

Sitting at work I just swung my home motorized microHD / 90cm over to 89W to check a transponder signal for comparison. Brought up the full screen signal meter then decided to set a timer to record RTV.

Now back to work! Wait, this is my work ....... Love it!!! :D

644px-MTV_Logo_small_image.jpg

I WANT MY MICRO TV

For those of you without a Slingbox yet, here is what the remote looks like. :)

Attachments

• geosatremote.jpg
    geosatremote.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 196
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)