Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
I've finally decided to get the AM21 after the last wave of thunderstorms gave me rain fade for a couple hours and I couldn't view my locals. When I was going to my acct on directv they are going to charge me $50 for the AM21 and another $50 for a service fee.. When I go to amazon I can find the AM21 here for $55.00 and free shipping. Is there different models or a specific model that I should be looking for that will work with my Genie system?

Thanks for the help.

did you try calling directv? they may give you a price break. then sent me one a couple of years ago for $25 shipping included. worth a try imo and if it's the same then get it elsewhere.

Yes I have an antenna and it wired.. I can install the AM21 no problem.

there is a glitch on the D* site about that $50 "service fee"....it has to do with payment history

Issue for me was I was (no longer) on auto pay through my Telco....so Directv thinks I havent paid them since 2010 when in fact they bill Centurylink and I pay them.

there is a glitch on the D* site about that $50 "service fee"....it has to do with payment history

Issue for me was I was (no longer) on auto pay through my Telco....so Directv thinks I havent paid them since 2010 when in fact they bill Centurylink and I pay them.

Yes, I reported this problem to DirecTV last year and it looks like it still isn't fixed.

I ended up calling and the CSR had no idea what the AM21 was so she had to ask her supervisor. They ended up giving it to me for $53 (tax added). Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)