Getting back into FTA... Motor questions.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotwire132002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
After an approximately five-year break due to a combination of busy schedules, a couple of moves, and a lack of working gear, I'm excited to finally be setting up a Ku-Band dish at my new house.

I dug my old Pansat 2500A receiver, Ku LNB and motor out of storage, picked up a new 90CM dish from Sadoun (a snowplow dented up my old one pretty badly years ago...), and hooked up all my gear a few days ago.

This is the first time I've actually worked with the motor -- I bought it a few years back, but never set it up. I set it up this time around, and while I can pick up a few satellites, I'm finding I can't tune into the ones I'm TRYING to get... the weird thing is, everything seems to be in alignment, as I can move the motor to a good few satellites just fine. I tried going through the satellite list on the receiver, and while most satellites get nothing, a few are getting nice, strong signals.

For instance, I can pull in T-5 at 97 degrees west just fine. AMC 4 at 101 west gets a strong signal, as does Nimiq-1 at 91 west... I can pick up a very strong signal from Echo 7 at 119 west, as well, but there are plenty of satellites in between these that won't come in at all.

Any ideas as to what might cause a problem like this -- a strong signal from a few satellites, but nothing from the satellites in between? Any insight would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!

Many transponder frequency changes since the 2500 was manufactured. The frequencies in your receiver may be out of date and no longer have programming. Review "The List" or www.lyngsat.com for active transponders, symbol rates and polarities or perform a blind scan on each satellite.

Many transponder frequency changes since the 2500 was manufactured. The frequencies in your receiver may be out of date and no longer have programming. Review "The List" or LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite for active transponders, symbol rates and polarities or perform a blind scan on each satellite.

A few blind scans did the trick -- thanks very much for your help!

After an approximately five-year break due to a combination of busy schedules, a couple of moves, and a lack of working gear, I'm excited to finally be setting up a Ku-Band dish at my new house.

Wow, that was a long hiatus! Many, many things have changed. The Equity channels on 123W are gone (Equity went bankrupt)... There is a new satellite at 125W with lots of PBS programming... LOTS of satellite name changes... A new DVB standard (DVB-S2), which many new channels are using... and much more!

Welcome back to SatelliteGuys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)