Gift for our loyal customers offer

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
Exclusive offer for select Dish Network customers.

Anyone else receive a large postcard from Dish offering High Definition MegaDeal - $195 value featurning a free HD DVR , Free HBO & Starz for 3 months and Free Platinum HD for 3 months

or

Programming MegaDeal - Free Programming for 3 months ($39.99 credit on your next bill, 10th bill and 20th bill); plus free HBO & Starz for 3 months, $185 value.

Both deals require an addition 24 month committment and expire on 1/31; just in time for the price increase.

Plus you have to call 1-888-720-2022 to get the deal.

I got the postcard and called that number. I got three free months of Starz & HBO plus 6 months free Multi Sports pack (I had already gotten 3 free months of Platinum).

I didn't have to do the 24-month commitment. I am currently not in a commitment period.

I didn't upgrade from my 622 to a 722. I guess that's probably why I didn't have to do the 24-month commitment.

I got the postcard and called that number. I got three free months of Starz & HBO plus 6 months free Multi Sports pack (I had already gotten 3 free months of Platinum).

I didn't have to do the 24-month commitment. I am currently not in a commitment period.

I didn't upgrade from my 622 to a 722. I guess that's probably why I didn't have to do the 24-month commitment.

Well I am not ready to call and commit for another 24 months, until I get some insight on what plans for the balance of the RSN, namely the MSG channels are to become HD Channels. In an ideal world I would want all the MSG's in HD, the YES Network, plus MLB Channel. However to be realistic and keep me in the fold it will take the MSG Version for the Buffalo Sabres in HD, before next Hockey Season; other wise I will have to go elsewhere (Direct or TWC) , because I don't think I can bear another season of the the Buffalo Sabres in overcompressed SD.

The HD offer has been available for a little while now but the other deal for getting the credit on the 1st, 10th and 20th month to existing customers looks like a promotion that they were offering new customers.

Maybe Dish Network is finally listening and realizing that if they get the customers some sort of programming freebee once in a while it will keep some of their customers that they usually lose. They should reward those that pay bills on time with free HBO every so many months or a credit on their bill. This helps prevent churn.

I searched and came up with this older version.. I have the same postcard (I think) and its offer is good until 7/31/09...

Hi Def Megadeal ($50 off HD DVR upgrade, Free HBO/Starz for 3 months, Free Plat Hd for 3 months)
or
Programming MegaDeal (12 monthly $10 credits, Free HBO/Starz for 3 months)

both say "with commitment" (a new 24-month commitment)

Wondering what the impact is since I'm on HD Absolute.. very twitchy about touching my packages b/c I don't want to lose that. Actually not sure I qualify since "Turbo Bronze HD" is the minimum package listed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts