Glad to have my 4DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
when it was ussb I remender you could just order Movie Channels, no forcing you to buy a core package first....

I also remember on my RCA receiver, the guide had Channel logos next to the numbers... It stilll could be that way, wouldnt know dont have directv..... not since 02 anyway

back then you could buy everything at best buy all in one box (dish, receiver and access card) and install it yourself.... Nowadays people are too lazy, dumb or whatever and you get free install :mad: And a contract too:eek:

gardo403 said:
Cut an old lamp cord... strip the wires down and put the ends in to the Lnb in... Send that one back too!!!! JK!!

Can't hurt to call em up... They probably have a stock pile of SD boxes...

LMAO!...haha

Now that the DirecTV soggy pizza fiasco is resolved its back to the important things. The 4DTV and H2H. Direct receiver is off and 922 is on :D

Is it possible to buy a receiver nowdays so there is no long term contract???

I don't know about Direc, but with Dish you can for sure... I'm doing it. If you go with a single tuner receiver, it's even pretty cheap.

I bought a brand new 211k (which also does HD) for $110 delivered, and about $60 for a brand new HD dish (110/119/129). Installed it all myself, then called Chuck. Also, the 211k has a built in ATSC tuner. You can record a local channel & a sat channel at the same time... even while playing back something else from the HDD.

I did pay the one time $40 fee to activate it as a DVR using my own external HDD. But there are no monthly DVR fees that way. I also paid the one time $99 fee for "HD For Life". So by the time you do those things, it costs a little more to get setup.

Still, that's $309 to get going. And if you don't want HD & DVR, it's only $170. Of course, these numbers assume you already have the $15 cable, lol.

If you don't do HD & DVR, you can start & stop & start & stop without much to lose. If you do it too much though, they might start charging a reactivation fee. I don't do that because I don't wanna lose my HD & DVR fees (I'd have to pay them again anytime I restarted service if I wanted them back).

But if you do quit, you don't have to send back the receiver & LNBs (and pay to do it). Plus, you could always sell the equipment on the flea if you were done for good.

I'd rather not have to do pizza at all. I wish it was still like 1995 for BUD subbing... but it's not. These days, you really do gotta make a deal with some devil if you want the channels I want. As much as I'm not a Chuck fan for what he's done in the past, I chose him over Direc just so I could own & maintain my own equipment. (Sorry tvropro, but it keeps peace in the home)

Cheers

The saga continues... I came home and turned on Direct and all my locals disappeared. When I called them they said we need to send a tech out. I finally got them to do a rehit and they came back. Man this pizza is a joke. I hope H2H gets more and more popular. I for one really want to kick pizza to the curb where it belongs. If I could just quit them today cold turkey with no termination fees I would take all that money I'm giving them and toss it into H2H. If the economy and my business was better right now I would order everything on H2H just to help the cause even though I'm paying the devil, can't swing it right now. At least I'm an active sub with H2H and vow to keep subbing. We need to get all with 4DTV to at least pick up one alacarte channel. Get the word out guys we don't have to be pushed around by these pizza clowns.

tvropro said:
The saga continues... I came home and turned on Direct and all my locals disappeared. When I called them they said we need to send a tech out. I finally got them to do a rehit and they came back. Man this pizza is a joke. I hope H2H gets more and more popular. I for one really want to kick pizza to the curb where it belongs. If I could just quit them today cold turkey with no termination fees I would take all that money I'm giving them and toss it into H2H. If the economy and my business was better right now I would order everything on H2H just to help the cause even though I'm paying the devil, can't swing it right now. At least I'm an active sub with H2H and vow to keep subbing. We need to get all with 4DTV to at least pick up one alacarte channel. Get the word out guys we don't have to be pushed around by these pizza clowns.

Someone somewhere knows what causes these problems, but they don't talk to the operators/customer support.

It is amazing to me how, in addition to poor picture quality, we accept sub-standard, unfinished products and I don't just mean in this field, technology in general is messed up.

Alternatives ? Who knows!

So, did you get any free PPV coupons for your trouble?;)

Nope, they said we appreciate you for being a great customer with us. Direct has gotten as bad as at&t with there your the greatest for being a customer with us speeches. It actually downright annoying, I'd like to tell them both shut off the BS.

Maybe it's just a Charlie thing.;)

Nope, they said we appreciate you for being a great customer with us. Direct has gotten as bad as at&t with there your the greatest for being a customer with us speeches. It actually downright annoying, I'd like to tell them both shut off the BS.

But, with you going to pizza for an SD only package. When HD is free! :eek: I would shut it down too, "quick" ! :D

Last edited:
This might not belong here either so I figured it is a good spot! ;)

It was on the news that bankrupt Blockbuster was bought by charlie's pizza! They intend to

eventually compete against Netflix! :facepalm

That is even more of a reason to support 4DTV and add Netflix as a topping!!! :D

Yes.. This is likely the longest running DirecTV discussion in the 4DTV area ever.. By now Iceberg normally would have moved it to the DirecTV area..

:rolleyes:

Maybe the title needs to be changed to the Pitfalls with Pizza, Get a 4DTV today :) This could sway those thinking of pizza to not get it and get a 4D instead. Direct operates just like my old cable company that I had from 1986-1987. Thats why I got my first bud in 87. The thing was back in the day you never had contracts like cable/pizza today.

The final saga will be will Direct ever send out the recovery kit or try to charge my account for the crap D-12. They said they have to have it back in 21 days and nobody at Direct seems to know much about it. I have read that many people never get them unless they call back and complain. I will say now if Direct tries to pull a fast one they will have a hell of a fight on their hands.

Do they credit your acct. for the outage? Doesn't seem appropriate to be charged beyond the date reported as being out of service until restored.

I was out for 5 days they gave me credit for 1. :mad: Thats ok when my anniversary date for a year happens in June Choice Xtra flys out the window and the chance for that extra $40.00 a month for subscription goes too. The Family pkg costs the same as I'm paying now $29.99.

Guess where the extra dollars Direct won't be getting will go :) H2H :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)