Globecast reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dolittle

Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
hamilton ontario canada
Hi...I am new to all of this International tv,I have had over the years Direct tv,I am using Dishnet now but I am curious about the international side of things,I live in Hamilton,Ontario, Canada postal code L8G 4A7, so my question is where in the sky would i aim my eliptical dish and I do have the Ku band Lnb that stands alone on its own, in comparison to the way my dishnet dishes are aimed..........anything at this time would be a big help......or what other satelite might I try to tune in from where I am..........like I say I am new to all of this internatinal side of things........Looking forward to replys.....:) Dr.Dolittle

Lyngsat lists most popular sats among Canadians. Galaxy 19 and 25 have plenty clear international channels. Echo international channels are all N3 encrypted, requiring sub, if you can subscribe in Canada. You can't receive Globcast channels with an FTA box tuner, if that's your question, looking at its header. Look through Lyngsat satellite list and channels broadcast in DVB Clear to find what you like. Check Lyngsat maps for territory coverage by each sat and the dish size required.

Galaxy 19 and 25 have plenty clear international channels.
G25 isnt at 97W anymore...its at 93W ;)

Echo international channels on Anik F3 are all N3 encrypted, requiring sub, if you can subscribe in Canada.
since he is in Canada this is moot. Canadians cannot subscribe to Dish & DirecTV

You can't receive Globcast channels with an FTA box tuner, if that's your question, looking at its header.
yes you can. You can't receive SUBSCRIPTION Globecast channels on a FTA reciever. You need their (crappy) box and Globecast will only activate a US subscription. But you can receive the free channels from them on any receiver

Canadian Installation Regulation
WorldTV services and equipment are not sold or activated in Canada.
DBS services originating from the US, including WorldTV, are not allowed to offer channels, services or hardware in Canada due to a law initiated by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
http://www.globecastwtv.com/EN/03_how_to_get_WTV/package/Canadian_Installation_Regulation.pdf

Iceberg
Thanks for the remarks. Actually, G25 has very dynamic Mexican content, which is international for Canadians despite being North American (LOL), and quite enjoyable. Of course you're right, Globcast World TV non-scrambled channels on G19 can be received by FTA receivers, but I haven't read of someone watching DirecTV broadcasts on one of those.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)