Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
So tonight I was scanning 97W for new channels when 2 caught my eye (too bad they were scrambled)

Juicy
Penthouse TV

Oh the EPG works so yeah we're talking those versions of Penthouse and Juicy. Not when you see "CTV" in the list and its not the Canadian channel but some ethnic channel.

Holy crap they're only 9.99 each or both for 14.99 :eek:
Dish wants $30 a month for just one

And there was also a "barker" channel that mentions Globecast has a DVR now too. Checked the site and its for "pre-order" (with April arrival) ;)
WorldTV Digital Video Recorder (DVR)

but damn they are spendy. $99 for a new sub + 9.99 a month. 9.99 a month for current subs with a 24 month agreement :eek:

They also are doing an OTA option. $70 one time for converter box and antenna
WorldTV Off Air Antenna

so I gotta give Globecast credit. They finally have a decent option for receiver and now they are doing adult programming

pic of the DVR

Attachments

• 192307_190280057676434_159873464050427_409598_4296455_o.jpg
    192307_190280057676434_159873464050427_409598_4296455_o.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 248
I cant find what receiver they use now but its probably the same crappy one they have had for years

edit: found it. Yeah the same crappy unit they had for years.....so the DVR is most definitely an upgrade (except for the contract though)

Interesting concept to have OTA for that. Here in Canada the CRTC would nix that in an instant.

The OTA option is just for local channels, not the Globecast service

Unless I misunderstand what you're saying ;)

That's funny. I have one of my motorized dishes parked on 97W for the news due to recent events in the Middle East, and now this. Would certainly be a change of scenery on that satellite ;) ...

Maybe the Hotel Network will pick them up over on 101W, and add them to the test channels with History and Bio :D ...

that antenna they show looks like a el cheapy one that would only work in the metro areas

can i upgrade the software on my se830 receiver to get the adult channels on globecast? bought it off ebay and it has the old access card with it. just wondering if i got new card from globecast would it work in this receiver.

Hmm, hope Tim at SRL noticed this posting, they are looking into the Adult programming option for 4d, if they bring it it has to be competitive, looks like Globcast beat them to it... so far.

can i upgrade the software on my se830 receiver to get the adult channels on globecast? bought it off ebay and it has the old access card with it. just wondering if i got new card from globecast would it work in this receiver.

you would have to call Globecast on that. But it should be able to update the software in it

thanks iceberg, i called globecast they said the new card wouldnt work with the old software.i think they are just trying to sell me a whole new system. because the lady told me my dish wont work with their new receiver.i told her i was watching free to air channels with it as i spoke to her.

they're using Nagravison which they've used for a long time

a couple channels are Irdeto but most are Nagravison but the card might be outdated but a new card should work in the receiver. They still sell it on their site

Globecast won't/can't let you use your old receiver. New receiver model no. ZDX 7512 plus thier dish is required. Receiver measures 5 inch X 8 1/4 inch. Very tiny. Runs very warm too. Dish is pretty cool though, 36 x 26 1/2 inch eliptical, looks alot like my old primestar. The LNB fits perfect on the primestar. Cost= $181.00 shipped. Plus a $25 activation fee and two months programming in advance. They say this receiver will only work with thier dish, but it seemed to work fine with my fortec star. I've never watched either channel before so I'm a little disappointed. Better stuff for free on the net.

Well, what can I say? I don't have the SE380. I have a DE997. Sucks getting older! You know I rarely say anything here, but when I do I'm usually wrong. Sorry. Been a ruff 6 years.

well, i have the se380 receiver.but i have the old access card.so i called globecast to see if i could get the new v2 card and they said it wouldnt work.said my receiver had the old software on it.tell me if i am wrong but if i put the new card in my receiver wouldnt it upgrade? i bought the receiver off ebay it was brand new still in globecast box.

goodsouthernguy said:
well, i have the se380 receiver.but i have the old access card.so i called globecast to see if i could get the new v2 card and they said it wouldnt work.said my receiver had the old software on it.tell me if i am wrong but if i put the new card in my receiver wouldnt it upgrade? i bought the receiver off ebay it was brand new still in globecast box.

I have an SE830? and it needed a sw update which I did with the guidance of a telop.

I rcvd a new card and it didn't work, when called them they said AHA! Then they walked me thru updating the box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts