GlobeCast World TV Leaving G19 12/31/13 "Rumor Alert"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There is no doubt that American news outlets as a general rule are censored quite heavily within this country, especially when dealing with government information. We can't get too deep into that discusssion though, or it will flaunt Scott's rules, heh.

Personally, I don't stay too attached to (or seek out) minute-by-minute news, or I'd be less sane than I already am, and I'm hanging on by a thread as it is, LOL. It's like the whole world has lost it's marbles, and only a select few can see the 'man' behind the curtain.

"Their news sucks though. So totally biased that it’s unbearable to watch"

Really!? I feel the same way about foxnews, cnn, msnbc and the rest of the mainstream media, it's WAY more biased. It's pretty clear some don't really like to hear whats really going on in this country.

ALL the news is biased today you better know you stuff or you will be fooled.

ALL the news is biased today you better know you stuff or you will be fooled.

Oh absolutley, I'd be lying if I said I haven't seen them do it on RT.

There is no doubt that American news outlets as a general rule are censored quite heavily within this country, especially when dealing with government information. We can't get too deep into that discusssion though, or it will flaunt Scott's rules, heh.

Personally, I don't stay too attached to (or seek out) minute-by-minute news, or I'd be less sane than I already am, and I'm hanging on by a thread as it is, LOL. It's like the whole world has lost it's marbles, and only a select few can see the 'man' behind the curtain.

I hear ya, some of those rules really need to be appealed.

I hear ya, some of those rules really need to be appealed.

You haven't been on this site for very long. TRUST me, those particular rules are here for very good reasons. A forum such as this isn't a democracy in the first place, and people do NOT have the right to say anything and everything without a framework of control. Sometimes a rule might appear to be very arbitrary and not get explained, but that doesn't change the fact that it's seen as needed for the good of the whole.

Scott and the rest are usually very accessible via PM's, and if you take issue with something that bothers you enough to question it, I would encourage you to pm the appropriate admin and ask for particulars. They won't hold it against you as long as you are respectful in your questions.

Well you know what the problem with all that is? How many different STB’s can you have for all the IPTV junk? There’s no universal STB to handle the multitude of stuff out there.
You’ll burn your house down with all the flippin STB’s you need for all the different stuff! This is insane, they need to pass a law that REQUIRES all broadcasters of IPTV and Satellite TV to allow users to purchase a universal STB that receives everything with one flippin box!

Just imagine the nightmare of having 50 bazillion tuners in your living room !
It would soon look something like this !

original.jpg

Also, does anyone know if DMC is part of the Globecast stuff or are they independent?

Edit: Never mind, I found the answer, yes, DMC is carried on G19 by Globecast. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GlobeCast_World_TV

I would really, really hate to lose that channel. :cry:

I SO wish that was my living room

Why do they do that ? Is bandwidth in scarce supply ? Mine has no limits...so far.

Are you sure? Many ISPs list the bandwidth cap in fine print. Not all strictly enforce it, but my ISP sent me nagging reminders by email until I switched to a commercial account. Like Scott, my residential account was limited to 250 gigs a month.

Are you sure? Many ISPs list the bandwidth cap in fine print. Not all strictly enforce it, but my ISP sent me nagging reminders by email until I switched to a commercial account. Like Scott, my residential account was limited to 250 gigs a month.
I asked, no limit. Let's see how long that lasts.

no limit here...Centurylink has no limits :)

Interesting thing is a fair amount of the free channels on G19 are available on a roku.
and some are channels that are normally on C-Band so its nice for folks who cant put up a big dish

Well you know what the problem with all that is? How many different STB’s can you have for all the IPTV junk? There’s no universal STB to handle the multitude of stuff out there.

It's called a PC. ;)

Interesting thing is a fair amount of the free channels on G19 are available on a roku.
and some are channels that are normally on C-Band so its nice for folks who cant put up a big dish

I havent seen that many unless im not looking in the right place

"Their news sucks though. So totally biased that it’s unbearable to watch"

Really!? I feel the same way about foxnews, cnn, msnbc and the rest of the mainstream media, it's WAY more biased. It's pretty clear some don't really like to hear whats really going on in this country.

I agree. I would rather take a bullet to the head than watch Faux “news”… I actually don’t watch the news other than the 30 minute national evening news on weeknights just to be aware of what’s happening in the world.
I don’t listen to their opinions, I don’t listen to propaganda from any source. I just want to know if a hurricane is on the way or a volcano blew up Yosemite National Park or if there was another terror attack somewhere.
I just want to hear the facts, not their opinions.

Don't try to take any sort of deep meaning from anything Dee says between rants. She's our resident drama queen, but she means well. :drama:

lol

I’m a red head. I have an incendiary personality. I have STRONG opinions. I have an attitude and I have the usual red head chip on my shoulder.
I’m old and I don’t like change. Change is rarely for the good of the little people at the bottom of the ladder. Change is only good for the parasitical, profiteering scum capitalists at the top, sitting in their glass and chrome towers counting their piles of blood money.

But hey, it’s ok.. I accept that they are grinding us under the heels of their jack boots and that we exist to be bled dry by the capitalist vampires.

That said, I am done freaking out about losing channels on FTA. There’s really not a lot left up there that I care to watch. Now for you guys, there’s probably a lot of sports things that show up on wild feeds and what not and that’s cool for you guys.
But for me, I have no use for sports at all. Zero..

What’s left, I’ll watch and enjoy until it too goes away like they ALL do eventually.

Tomorrow afternoon I’m going to Walmart (to feed the vampires with more of my lifeblood) and buying a Roku 3 for myself and a Roku 2 for my dad.
I already have an Amazon Prime account. I’m going to go ahead and get a Hulu and a Netflix account for myself and for my dad.
My dad has his 77th birthday coming very soon so this will be my gift to him, the Roku 2 and one year of Hulu, one year of Netflix and one year of Amazon Prime for him.

Both of us will have the three premium pay accounts and with that we will both have more than we can watch in the rest of our lifetimes.

I also have Dish Network but there’s not a lot on that anymore. I have AT250, BB@Home and a few other premium packages but it’s not such a great deal. Almost all of the stuff on TV now is “reality” garbage for the brain dead.
I have no use for that.

But soon I will have access to zillions of shows and movies and so will my dad. Neither one of us will have cause to complain anymore.

So no more worries, I’m done complaining and flipping out. I probably won’t be on here much anymore. The only FTA I’m interested in is MeTV and RTV. I’ve got those coming in great and as long as I don’t touch the dishes I’m in good shape.
All I have to do is tweak my dad’s dish so he can watch PBS and RTV and he’ll he happy.

So yeah, I’m pretty much done here. And I offer my sincere apologies for being an unstable b*tch.

Be well…

I’m a red head. I have an incendiary personality. I have STRONG opinions. I have an attitude and I have the usual red head chip on my shoulder.
I’m old and I don’t like change.
So no more worries, I’m done complaining and flipping out. I probably won’t be on here much anymore.

So yeah, I’m pretty much done here. And I offer my sincere apologies for being an unstable b*tch.

Be well…

rule #1 in life as a woman take what any man says with a grain of salt.
rule #1 on the internet take what any man says with a grain of salt.

Change is only good for the parasitical, profiteering scum capitalists at the top, sitting in their glass and chrome towers counting their piles of blood money.
But hey, it’s ok.. I accept that they are grinding us under the heels of their jack boots and that we exist to be bled dry by the capitalist vampires.
ps
we are all capitalists...... that's all there is.

. I probably won’t be on here much anymore. ....So yeah, I’m pretty much done here. And I offer my sincere apologies for being an unstable b*tch.

Be well…

I hope you'll still check back in from time to time, even if you find you don't FTA much in the future. I always thought of you as one of the "experts" here ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)