GlobeCast World TV Leaving G19 12/31/13 "Rumor Alert"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
how many channels on G19 are actually globecast.
I used 1 globecast transponder and had the receiver do a network scan.
The amount of globecast channels was just a fraction of the total channels,not to mention you then have to weed out the scrambled ones.

but a network scan only does Globecast and not the other transponders on there

blind scan works better ;)

we were trying to figure out how many were actually just globecast without having to use a paper and pencil.
i think it's around 80 channels

If you take my 97W guide and do a sort by Uplink Location, it should also work (it is based on Lyngsat data). When I did this, I came up with 45 channels that are ITC now from Globecast. As said though, perhaps none of the free channels are moving. I don't see any free ones that would be included with a "package" on the IP service at any rate. Wait and see, wait and see :)

It looks like the EPG has disappeared from all the Globecast channels. The only channels with an EPG are the ones on the PitComm transponder with Gene Scott's channel.

FYI, RT and EBRU are free channels on Roku. The quality is pretty poor though. VERY low bit rate, very low res. But that’s to be expected, they are free. What I do like however is that RT has a documentary sub-channel on IPTV. Now I don’t have to watch their news to see the documentaries.

I bought a new Roku 3 and decided to embrace rather than resist (resistance is futile) the new ways.
I have had Amazon Prime for a few years and I went ahead and signed up for Hulu Plus and Netflix.
I am ~thrilled~ to find a TON of old TV shows that I haven’t seen in years and years on IPTV!
I am not pleased with losing FTA channels, who is? But now I am finding that if I just go with the flow I will find other ways.

So no more complaining from me about losing channels. I went ahead and took the leap to the dark side, of IPTV.

I do hope they stay on FTA because I can record stuff at a decent quality, it’s much harder to get copies to keep on IPTV from a locked up, DRM’d little Roku box.

It looks like the EPG has disappeared from all the Globecast channels. The only channels with an EPG are the ones on the PitComm transponder with Gene Scott's channel.

Today I have the EPG back :) at least on EBRU and RT, haven´t checked others channels or tp´s.

still haven't found any evidence of globecast leaving Galaxy 19 at the end of the year, but I did find evidence today of Globecast World TV doing some re-loading of their existing Galaxy 19 Ku-band transponders (moving some services around, changing the channel numbers on some services) with December 1st being the finalization date for the changes.

details of what channels are moving and their new channel numbers (if applicable) are on their website.

skysurfer said:
still haven't found any evidence of globecast leaving Galaxy 19 at the end of the year, but I did find evidence today of Globecast World TV doing some re-loading of their existing Galaxy 19 Ku-band transponders (moving some services around, changing the channel numbers on some services) with December 1st being the finalization date for the changes.

details of what channels are moving and their new channel numbers (if applicable) are on their website.

The ITC channels globecast uplinks are staying put :) Only there subscription channels are leaving.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)