Glorystar signal and dish multiswitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mkoupal

Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I am getting ready to install my fortec glorystar system. Due to the location of my tv, I am unable to run a new cable to it. I was wondering if I can route the glorystar satellite signal through my Dish multiswitch to the tv, and use a splitter to route satellite signals to both my glorystar receiver and the dish network receiver?

Here is what I do as I have a similar situation. My patio has only one coax going in with no clean way to get another. Currently have DirecTV with a DirecTivo receiver in there.

So I have Glorystar cable come into my home theater in the basement and the Glorystar receiver is there. So my wife can watch it there. I use the coax out on the receiver on channel 4 and diplex that into the DirecTV line going to the patio. Then I diplex that out with the sat going into the sat in of the DirecTivo and the OTA part going to the RF/OTA in on the DirecTivo. Then all my wife has to do is put the DirecTivo in standby and the RF passthru will show Glorystar. Use RF repeaters to change the channel (although that doesn't work too well, I went too cheap on those I think).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts