god help me... father has Sharp LC26sh12u

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
My 85 year old father has a sharp l26" LCD c26sh12u and wants a bluRay player for it. I advised him on a panasonic. He went out and got the Panny dmp bd60 model and it had HDMI issues with the TV. You would lose the connection when changing inputs and it would take 10 tries to get it back. Does anyone know of a BD player that plays nicey with this thing or will I end up buying every model Best buy has and returning each one until I find one that works?

Did you set the player out put to 720p?
Im pretty sure I did. If I hadnt I wouldnt have been able to watch a movie on it. The setup does work occasionally, It just takes 5 or 6 tries and then if you swtich inputs you are screwed.

Im pretty sure I did. If I hadnt I wouldnt have been able to watch a movie on it. The setup does work occasionally, It just takes 5 or 6 tries and then if you swtich inputs you are screwed.

My research shows that tv has that problem with more than just BD players...

I agree. I had an RCA last year that once it lost synch was a bear to get back. Most likely the TV and not the BluRay.

LOL try explaining the complexities of HDMI handshakes of versions 1.3, 1.3a and 1.3b to an 85 year old. He thinks that if I bring over my PS3 and it works then it must have been a defective Panny. LMAO. This is the most consumer unfriendly technology ever invented. I just though someone might have found a BD player that just "works".

LOL try explaining the complexities of HDMI handshakes of versions 1.3, 1.3a and 1.3b to an 85 year old. He thinks that if I bring over my PS3 and it works then it must have been a defective Panny. LMAO. This is the most consumer unfriendly technology ever invented. I just though someone might have found a BD player that just "works".

I think HDMI would just work if they hadn't stuffed that garbage HDCP into it. That sucker was only thought out from a standpoint of making damned sure none of us thieves could steal and no thought given to reliability and usability.

Its not the BD player, its the crap chipset Sharp put in their crap tv.

Although I agree component was fine without HDMI...

Its not the BD player, its the crap chipset Sharp put in their crap tv.

Although I agree component was fine without HDMI...
IMO there is no reason why these BD players shouldnt put out 720p or 1080i over component cables. Wait... thats the solution. I see one that does. Its a 720P set anyway.

OK question is what players output 720p???? over component? The panny downrezzed to 480p

IMO there is no reason why these BD players shouldnt put out 720p or 1080i over component cables. Wait... thats the solution. I see one that does. Its a 720P set anyway.

OK question is what players output 720p???? over component? The panny downrezzed to 480p

Did you have HDMI hooked up at the same time? Many players do that when HDMi and Component are hooked up at the same time. The Panny will output up to 1080i over component for BD. Players will not up convert over component, though. Make sure to set HDMI video mode to off in the setup menu.

S~

My understanding is that DVDs will output at 480 over component, but Blu Rays will run at the specified resolution. More content protection. Simply weird.

I thought that the Panasonic BD60 will output at the specified resolution over component for BR discs. It just won't upconvert.

My understanding is that DVDs will output at 480 over component, but Blu Rays will run at the specified resolution. More content protection. Simply weird.

SD DVDs will output at 480p over component, BD stuff will output at 720p or 1080i.

Pops is buying a nice LG BD370 when it goes on sale on the 20th at the naval base exchange. I hope to slap component cables on it and that will be the end of it. I think I just misread/misinterpreted the manual on the Panny. I bet the verbage only pertained to DVD's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts