Golf Thread 2012

T1 Chad Campbell -6 F -4
T1 Ryan Palmer -6 F E
T1 Matt Kuchar -6 F -2
T1 Pat Perez -6 F -3
T1 Dicky Pride -6 F -2

Looks like Matt Kucher has surpassed Rickie Fowler as the man on a hot streak. Phill is hacking around the course at even par.

Final Day at the Byron Nelson Championship (formerly Classic)

Leaderboard and Tee-times:

1 Jason Dufner -8 12:15 pm
T2 J.J. Henry -7 12:15 pm
T2 Jason Day -7 12:06 pm
T2 Dicky Pride -7 12:06 pm
5 Vijay Singh -6 11:57 am
25 Phil Mickelson -2

Okay, it's nice to see ViJay on the leaderboard; Phil is too far back to win IMO; and who and heck would name their kid Dicky Pride? I'm sorry, but that names cracks me up!!! :)

He Rory Sabbitini...your chance to to kill a Tiger...and you choked!

You know... this guy Sabbitini has always had a big mouth...but never a big game. He had a chance to let his game speak for him and he choked like a dog with alot of bark and no bite. 2 shot lead with 3 to play...and you blow it a guy you called "beatable" in his prime.

Tiger Woods takes Memorial, ties Jack Nicklaus on PGA Tour wins list - ESPN

sweet win for Tiger. i'm glad he got this one. some people never learn when to zip it and let your play do the talking. i'm glad he choked. i don't like the guy.........

Let's see how he does in the U.S. Open now that he has a win so close.

I meant to change it a while back since we have several people that like golf. Guess Rey did it.

cosmo_kramer said:
One helluva threesome for next week's U.S. Open:

Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, and reigning Masters champion Bubba Watson

That will be worth watching. Tiger, my favorite player...Bubba, my 2nd fav and will be my fav once Tiger is gone...and to me, and this is just MY opinion, the BIGGEST FAKE in the PGA... Mickelson.

That will be worth watching. Tiger, my favorite player...Bubba, my 2nd fav and will be my fav once Tiger is gone...and to me, and this is just MY opinion, the BIGGEST FAKE in the PGA... Mickelson.

Fake? You are just crazy. How is he fake? He has won 4 Majors. If that's fake then sign me up.

Last edited:
Fake? You are just crazy. How is he fake? He has won 4 Majors. If that's fake then sign me up.

His personality seems fake to me. And as far as the media is concern, he has gotten a HUGE break on his inconsistent play. When Woods was not Tiger, but a mediocre golfer...he had his chance to really take the lead because guys Donald, McIlroy and Watson were just getting started...HE was established with NO EXCUSES. And he fluttered and floundered. So now those guys I mentioned....started to make their move...and have stormed PAST Phil. Look how Tiger has played better...and has ALREADY stormed passed Mickelson.

For every missed cut when Woods sucked...front line news. For Mickelson, a quick blurb... Yep, he has gotten quite the break.:rolleyes:

His personality seems fake to me. And as far as the media is concern, he has gotten a HUGE break on his inconsistent play. When Woods was not Tiger, but a mediocre golfer...he had his chance to really take the lead because guys Donald, McIlroy and Watson were just getting started...HE was established with NO EXCUSES. And he fluttered and floundered. So now those guys I mentioned....started to make their move...and have stormed PAST Phil. Look how Tiger has played better...and has ALREADY stormed passed Mickelson.

For every missed cut when Woods sucked...front line news. For Mickelson, a quick blurb... Yep, he has gotten quite the break.:rolleyes:

You need to read up on the disease he has. It is really debilitating.

Psoriatic arthritis: Phil Mickelson among those with little-known disease - HealthPop - CBS News

That is excuse enough for me for his fall off and yet he has still managed to win here and there.

You need to read up on the disease he has. It is really debilitating.

Psoriatic arthritis: Phil Mickelson among those with little-known disease - HealthPop - CBS News

That is excuse enough for me for his fall off and yet he has still managed to win here and there.

i agree, i like the guy too. he's entertained me many times with his game. i do wish we could see more consistent high level play from the guy. i will always like tiger more but he's my second choice. i'm not a real fan of the sport like you guys so when those two are out i tend to lose interest :eek:

Phil does have arthritis, which can be very painful, but I had a boss who played in a number of the GMO (Greater Milwaukee Open) pro-am events and the pros with whom he played called Phil the least liked player. So, knowing that, it seems to me that Phil does much to cultivate the public with his displays, but Amy is the one who is actually liked. I've never liked him, but his missed putts are certainly entertaining. :D

I've never liked Sabbatini either, so awesome last round of the Memorial!

Looks like a great threesome at the Open. Looking forward to it!!! Phil often does well when paired with Tiger, so we'll see...

maybe the guy is a douche like tiger but that really doesn't matter to me. i just want to be entertained by these guys when i do watch golf. and add me to the sabbatini haters list. well its not hate, the guy just rubs me the wrong way. :D

Phil does have arthritis, which can be very painful, but I had a boss who played in a number of the GMO (Greater Milwaukee Open) pro-am events and the pros with whom he played called Phil the least liked player. So, knowing that, it seems to me that Phil does much to cultivate the public with his displays, but Amy is the one who is actually liked. I've never liked him, but his missed putts are certainly entertaining. :D

I've never liked Sabbatini either, so awesome last round of the Memorial!

Looks like a great threesome at the Open. Looking forward to it!!! Phil often does well when paired with Tiger, so we'll see...

Excellent insight! And I totally agree with your comments about Amy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)