GolTV-HD Rumor - Will it ever come back to DISH?

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
There is a rumor of GolTV going HD on August 1st.

Is there any chance in hell that Gol and Dish will come to an agreement before then, or is that bridge permanently burned?

well Versus and D* came to an agreement...so anything is possible
Yeah. That is the thing I think of first. If Versus could get back with Directv, it'd be possible for GolTV, but Versus was off of Directv for only a short while, where as GolTV for much longer. But here's hoping!

I would love to see Goltv back on Dish.
+1 - Especially taking into account that Gol TV in HD is no longer a rumor only - It's coming August 1st and it will have plenty of football in HD:

Gol TV To Kick Off HDTV Service - 2010-03-29 19:02:05 | Multichannel News

GolTV HD Scores DirecTV - 2010-05-10 04:01:00 | Multichannel News

"Presented in 1080i HD and Dolby AC3 sound, GolTV will showcase live and primetime matches from La Liga and Bundesliga, Spain and Germany’s top futbol circuits, as well as the UEFA Europa League and Brazil’s Campeonato Paulista and Brasileirão.

Highlight and magazine shows like La Liga 360, Hallo Bundesliga, Bundesliga Magazine and GolTV News will also be presented in high-definition."

It'd be nice to have this back in the 250 package, especially with an HD version as well. But, i'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

I've been with Dish since 1998 and if they don't bring GolTV back by August I am moving to Direct TV. My favorite league is on GolTV and they have the best international game coverage by far.

TV Guide Wrong?

Well I was checking my tv listings looking for a game and I happened to notice on the guide they had GolTV on channel 407 and 853 but what does not make sense is that on 853 is Discovery Familia. It must be a mistake from TV Guide right?

Well I was checking my tv listings looking for a game and I happened to notice on the guide they had GolTV on channel 407 and 853 but what does not make sense is that on 853 is Discovery Familia. It must be a mistake from TV Guide right?

Those were the channel numbers before they removed it. Yep, a mistake.

right now Mr_Crowley, it's a snowball's chance in hell. it's not gonna happen if the channel is too expensive for Charlie, why do u think they never resolved the dispute as soon as possible.

I thought u guys were bagging on the WC, now asking for GOL HD?? LOL

Someone posted in another thread that Dish is negotiating to bring back GolTV and Fuse. Anyone got any more information on the GolTV portion of that rumour?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts