gone back to slimline think receiver is busted now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edugamer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
pa
so I thought, not quite reddy for the big dish yet. Was getting 0 quality with it. Didn't see why, assoomed faulty dish or ignorance perhaps. So cralled back into my 30" football shaped shell assooming all would go back to how it was. Nope!
no more action on the quality bar now.
starting to think receiver is to blame all along?
I did drop my lnb from about 6ft, had some rattling. turned out to be broken shell plastic only

so I thought, not quite reddy for the big dish yet. Was getting 0 quality with it. Didn't see why, assoomed faulty dish or ignorance perhaps. So cralled back into my 30" football shaped shell assooming all would go back to how it was. Nope!
no more action on the quality bar now.
starting to think receiver is to blame all along?
I did drop my lnb from about 6ft, had some rattling. turned out to be broken shell plastic only
If you dropped it hard enough to crack the shell then there very well may be damage internally (cracked circuit board or connection?) that may not be readily apparent. Do you have another to try in place of the cracked one?

If you dropped it hard enough to crack the shell then there very well may be damage internally (cracked circuit board?) that may not be readily apparent. Do you have another to try in place of the cracked one?
That's what I was thinking.
It fell off the bar deck table where I have the dish, onto the wood floor when I scooted the tv back a little. I have another one on the way to test. .
I figured if it was dead I wouldn't be getting any action on the analog signal gauge. It peeks right about where I had it before. The receiver still is responding to fluctuations in signal strength whenever I move the dish around but no response what so ever to skew.
Continuing with the new disk would only complicate things further at this point. The only other lnb I have is the one that came with the new dish and it requires the cuff bracket and a different angle entirely I believe. If I tried to attach the cuff bracket to the slim, and put it in it's 0 position in place of the one that took the fall, would it work? I have a theory that even if it did, the nature of the bracket needing to be mounted above or below the arm if it won't slot in would only create an unwanted offset which will just distort everything entirely.
Need to try it out.

That's what I was thinking.
It fell off the bar deck table where I have the dish, onto the wood floor when I scooted the tv back a little. I have another one on the way to test. .
I figured if it was dead I wouldn't be getting any action on the analog signal gauge. It peeks right about where I had it before. The receiver still is responding to fluctuations in signal strength whenever I move the dish around but no response what so ever to skew.
Continuing with the new disk would only complicate things further at this point. The only other lnb I have is the one that came with the new dish and it requires the cuff bracket and a different angle entirely I believe. If I tried to attach the cuff bracket to the slim, and put it in it's 0 position in place of the one that took the fall, would it work? I have a theory that even if it did, the nature of the bracket needing to be mounted above or below the arm if it won't slot in would only create an unwanted offset which will just distort everything entirely.
Need to try it out.
As long as nothing else changed in your setup with the slimline dish then it should work since it did before. Most likely the lnbf is damaged. You could try mounting the other lnbf you have on the slimline but it isn't the easiest to do. It needs to be in the exact focus spot that the original was in. You would need one of these to do it right.

Welcome to Michael Electronics

Probably best to wait for the replacement lnbf for the slimline to arrive instead of modifying it. You can always keep experimenting with the new dish while you are waiting. :)

Reactions: KE4EST
As long as nothing else changed in your setup with the slimline dish then it should work since it did before. Most likely the lnbf is damaged. You could try mounting the other lnbf you have on the slimline but it isn't the easiest to do. It needs to be in the exact focus spot that the original was in. You would need one of these to do it right.

Welcome to Michael Electronics

Probably best to wait for the replacement lnbf for the slimline to arrive instead of modifying it. You can always keep experimenting with the new dish while you are waiting. :)
nothings broken!
Should of added I was using a different slimline this time similar dish without the AT&T ball. was a combination of me using an identical dish and setting the elevation and skew relying entirely going by the markers on the bracket forgetting that they are only an approximation, not 100% presision instruments and being off by a little. I had to lower the elevation slightly and move a little to the left of where the dish was parked enitially. I was on the wrong sat. I had also reset my receiver and entering TPs manually helped a lot, after performing a blind skan I finally saw channels.
I am going to assoom the 33" dish is perfectly fine now too.
Now that I have more practice, this should help me trubbleshoot my systems in the future.

Reactions: FTA4PA
nothings broken!
Should of added I was using a different slimline this time similar dish without the AT&T ball. was a combination of me using an identical dish and setting the elevation and skew relying entirely going by the markers on the bracket forgetting that they are only an approximation, not 100% presision instruments and being off by a little. I had to lower the elevation slightly and move a little to the left of where the dish was parked enitially. I was on the wrong sat. I had also reset my receiver and entering TPs manually helped a lot, after performing a blind skan I finally saw channels.
I am going to assoom the 33" dish is perfectly fine now too.
Now that I have more practice, this should help me trubbleshoot my systems in the future.
Good to hear that it is not broken and you got the channels back. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)