good diseqc switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
i need the name of a good 4x1 diseqc switch.My 4x1 won't switch sometimes.I have a c band 6 footer with ku band side kick.Sometimes switches perfect sometimes not.:rolleyes:

I have had an emp centauri switch that has lasted about 3 years since the last lightning strike... I had 3 Chietas before that (the last one burned up pretty badly).
No idea which one is best. The forum sponsors have good switch products.
Just make sure you power off any receivers in line before disconnecting any connections at the switch or any where else in your system.

As mentioned CHIETA 4X1 is best - low loss as well and will work in all types of weather from 40 degrees below zero to 100 degrees above I have used them for years with no problems.

I've used two of these Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution for 7 years attached to my winegard2036. I have yet to have any problems.
SatCat 006.JPG

I have to agree with the Chieta switches. They are very low loss and have held up to the Chicago weather for over 7 years. I do have Viewsat and coolsat branded switches in use but I do notice 5 to 10 points drop in quality using these.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts