Good Signal No Quality ...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinyworld

Thread Starter
Member
Mar 10, 2006
10
0
Caribbean
Question for a HH motor

:) Hi all, newbie question here...

I have a Stab HH120 with a 4' dish and a Pansat 2700 pending installation, but I am along the caribbean line (18 degress above equator) and most of the people say the HH motors cannot work here down this latitudes.

Can someone tell me if this is right?? or any suggestions? do I need a bigger dish (6') ???

thanks

Diny
 

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
1
5
Your problem will not be the size of dish but rather the elevation to the satellites. Since you are almost on the equaltor the satellites are almost right above you so the motor may not go to a high enough elevation.

Give us your Lat. and Long.
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
444
181
Mankato, MN
Pete
If he's at 18 degrees above the equator, that would mean the motor needs to be at 72?

Do the motors go that high? I don't think they do
 

dinyworld

Thread Starter
Member
Mar 10, 2006
10
0
Caribbean
Hi all my coordinates are:

Lat 18.0 N
Long 67.0 W

I think the motor will not work, but anyways I will like to try it.

Thanks :up
 

dinyworld

Thread Starter
Member
Mar 10, 2006
10
0
Caribbean
Hello

Ive finally installed my 4' dish, Pansat 2700 and Stab HH motor and now I get almost all 70 to 80% of signal and no quality 0 % from all readings .

What do I need to check?? or set?

Most of the theards Ive read explained that a Direct TV LNB should work, but maybe it is the cause of the 0 % Quality reading?:confused:
 

dish_in_the_sky

SatelliteGuys Family
May 18, 2006
91
0
LNBF and skew

Try turning your LNBF 90 degrees S-L-O-W-L-Y while on a satellite with signal maxed out as best as possible and see if your quality comes up. Make sure you are on a strong transponder for that satellite.

I think DirecTV and DISH network both use circular LNBFs (though DISH has used linear ones on 121 deg. Superdish.)

A circular LNBF will not work for linear FTA, but a linear LNBF will SOMETIMES work on a circular signal (E* birds.)
 

dinyworld

Thread Starter
Member
Mar 10, 2006
10
0
Caribbean
dish_in_the_sky said:
Try turning your LNBF 90 degrees S-L-O-W-L-Y while on a satellite with signal maxed out as best as possible and see if your quality comes up. Make sure you are on a strong transponder for that satellite.

I think DirecTV and DISH network both use circular LNBFs (though DISH has used linear ones on 121 deg. Superdish.)

A circular LNBF will not work for linear FTA, but a linear LNBF will SOMETIMES work on a circular signal (E* birds.)
PSB, the birds I am trying to aim are Echo 3, AMC 6 and Galaxy 3.
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
444
181
Mankato, MN
nothing really on Echo 3 that is FTA
AMC6 has one church channel and G3 has a few Chinese type channels

What kind of programming were you looking for? Anything in specific or whatver is on those satellites?
 

dinyworld

Thread Starter
Member
Mar 10, 2006
10
0
Caribbean
Iceberg said:
nothing really on Echo 3 that is FTA
AMC6 has one church channel and G3 has a few Chinese type channels

What kind of programming were you looking for? Anything in specific or whatver is on those satellites?
Hello Iceberg, I am looking for any type of programming nothing in particular since I was looking to this satellites to check the system installation.
 

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
444
181
Mankato, MN
Thats the issue
You won't be able to pick up any linear satellites with that LNB. You need a Linear LNB (KU Standard or Universal). All you can get with what you have is a few channels on Dish 119 (NASA, ANgel ONe) and some radio on ExpressVu 91
 

dinyworld

Thread Starter
Member
Mar 10, 2006
10
0
Caribbean
Iceberg said:
Thats the issue
You won't be able to pick up any linear satellites with that LNB. You need a Linear LNB (KU Standard or Universal). All you can get with what you have is a few channels on Dish 119 (NASA, ANgel ONe) and some radio on ExpressVu 91
So it will not work for FTA, just a few channels! thanks

Is the Invacom Quad a good choice since I am using a motorized dish?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top