Good Signal No Quality ...???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dinyworld

Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Caribbean
Question for a HH motor

:) Hi all, newbie question here...

I have a Stab HH120 with a 4' dish and a Pansat 2700 pending installation, but I am along the caribbean line (18 degress above equator) and most of the people say the HH motors cannot work here down this latitudes.

Can someone tell me if this is right?? or any suggestions? do I need a bigger dish (6') ???

thanks

Diny

Your problem will not be the size of dish but rather the elevation to the satellites. Since you are almost on the equaltor the satellites are almost right above you so the motor may not go to a high enough elevation.

Give us your Lat. and Long.

Pete
If he's at 18 degrees above the equator, that would mean the motor needs to be at 72?

Do the motors go that high? I don't think they do

Hi all my coordinates are:

Lat 18.0 N
Long 67.0 W

I think the motor will not work, but anyways I will like to try it.

Hello

Ive finally installed my 4' dish, Pansat 2700 and Stab HH motor and now I get almost all 70 to 80% of signal and no quality 0 % from all readings .

What do I need to check?? or set?

Most of the theards Ive read explained that a Direct TV LNB should work, but maybe it is the cause of the 0 % Quality reading?:confused:

LNBF and skew

Try turning your LNBF 90 degrees S-L-O-W-L-Y while on a satellite with signal maxed out as best as possible and see if your quality comes up. Make sure you are on a strong transponder for that satellite.

I think DirecTV and DISH network both use circular LNBFs (though DISH has used linear ones on 121 deg. Superdish.)

A circular LNBF will not work for linear FTA, but a linear LNBF will SOMETIMES work on a circular signal (E* birds.)

dish_in_the_sky said:
Try turning your LNBF 90 degrees S-L-O-W-L-Y while on a satellite with signal maxed out as best as possible and see if your quality comes up. Make sure you are on a strong transponder for that satellite.

I think DirecTV and DISH network both use circular LNBFs (though DISH has used linear ones on 121 deg. Superdish.)

A circular LNBF will not work for linear FTA, but a linear LNBF will SOMETIMES work on a circular signal (E* birds.)
PSB, the birds I am trying to aim are Echo 3, AMC 6 and Galaxy 3.

nothing really on Echo 3 that is FTA
AMC6 has one church channel and G3 has a few Chinese type channels

What kind of programming were you looking for? Anything in specific or whatver is on those satellites?

Iceberg said:
nothing really on Echo 3 that is FTA
AMC6 has one church channel and G3 has a few Chinese type channels

What kind of programming were you looking for? Anything in specific or whatver is on those satellites?
Hello Iceberg, I am looking for any type of programming nothing in particular since I was looking to this satellites to check the system installation.

Thats the issue
You won't be able to pick up any linear satellites with that LNB. You need a Linear LNB (KU Standard or Universal). All you can get with what you have is a few channels on Dish 119 (NASA, ANgel ONe) and some radio on ExpressVu 91

Iceberg said:
Thats the issue
You won't be able to pick up any linear satellites with that LNB. You need a Linear LNB (KU Standard or Universal). All you can get with what you have is a few channels on Dish 119 (NASA, ANgel ONe) and some radio on ExpressVu 91
So it will not work for FTA, just a few channels! thanks

Is the Invacom Quad a good choice since I am using a motorized dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)