Good signal, Poor Picture quality?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

prix03gt

Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
hampstead, MD
Another newb question about my direct TV HD:

I notice on all channels that there are horizontal pink ghost lines in the picture. Some channels are more noticeable than others, but it always seems to be there. The DTV helpless desk had me reset the receiver (H20) a few times, re-run the setup, and swap the component cables. Signal is 91% overall, which I am told is very good. None of this helped, so they are going to send me another receiver. Anyone know what else I can try? I have already verified this is not the TV.

Thanks

Can you try the unit on a different TV to see if the problem exists there? What does the picture look like with a different source.

Only have one HDTV, so I can't try another.
This TV looks fine with other sources, which makes me think the problem is with the DirectTV source.

What resolution are you trying to run and on what type of TV.. I have seen plenty of widescreen projector TV's that say HD but only accept 480i

"Other inputs are fine" because they only send 480i to your set.

Only have one HDTV, so I can't try another.
This TV looks fine with other sources, which makes me think the problem is with the DirectTV source.

Different sources with different inputs on the TV or the same input connections?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts