Goodbye DISH.....Hello DirecTV.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I made the move about a week and a half ago. I'm not seeing the audio dropouts. Your mileage may vary.

For what it's worth I was getting numerous audio skips on Dish (VIP622 and VIP612). I could watch my AV receiver renegotiate the decoding every time it dropped.

thanks for the reply, with Dish I have had no audio problems, going from a VIP 722 via HDMI to a Onkyo SR-507 (2 years), but have seen many reports from the DTV forum about bad audio

I currently have below and wondering what the comparable package would be and any current promotions? I am out of contract and have free OTA for locals.
HBO & Sho
$24.00
HD Solo Receiver
$7.00
America's Top 250
$59.99
HD Platinum - Free 3 Months
$0.00
Starz - Free 3 Months
$0.00
Monthly Charges (Excluding Taxes/Credits)
$90.99

I would miss the following in HD (BBC AMERICA, AMC, STYLE & E) and gain (GOLTV, DISNEY/XD).

Thanks.

Choice Ultimate is the comparative package to Top250. It's $39.99 1st year, $54.99 2nd year, with Starz and Showtime free for 3 months ($25 a month after), and HBO/Cinemax $25 a month ($15 a month for first 3 months). You can mix and match the premiums however you want. Encore is included in Ultimate. HD Extra is $4.99/mo, free for 3 mo. Locals are free and included in your package.

How many TV's? Your first TV is free, each additional one is $5. If you want to do DVR, then the DVR service is $7 a month, +$3 if you want the "whole house DVR".

Last edited:
So I got my D* installed on Saturday. It seems that the picture is a little better (I used to get some pixelation on E*). The sound dropouts kind of suck when I have my surround sound on...umm, as someone else said in another thread, the DVR is a little different but that's just because I was used to E*...other than that, everything is great!!!

I just switched to Directv from DISH and had it installed yesterday.. they were able to put the dish in a spot that DISH couldnt. BUT the installers left a mess of wires behind all my TV's .. I had to neaten all of them up myself.. they left the power injectors and things just lying there. They also removed all my old DISH cable and left left all the wire tacks hanging.. some were the ones with POINTY ENDS and some were the nailed ones.. they just left them all there and didnt even put the new cable back in NICE in all places.. I cleaned it all up....

HOWEVER, the installer had a CARD error when installing the RECEIVER but got it working.. last night I got the 762 error again. I had to fight with Directv service to get someone back out TODAY to fix it..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)