Goodbye DISH.....Hello DirecTV.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Considering a switch, couple of questions:

1) Can you still not combine a signal from OTA attenna with the directv signal in the same cable? Do you still need seperate coax run for OTA?
2) Are you able to "lock out" channels you don't want to see in your guide like you can on Dish?

Thanks

Why do some Dish subscribers stand behind Dish no matter what they do? Even to the point where they wander into the DirecTV forum to voice their opinion?

Does it make you fell better about the situation hoping DirecTV goes through the same issues? What if it doesn't happen? Then who is the joke on?

Could it ever occur to you that I'm standing behind them because I think they're RIGHT? I would cheer DirecTV or Comcast if they were doing what E* and Cablevision were doing. The cost of TV is outrageous. There are more ads than ever and yet the content providers are jacking up the carriage costs to new heights. Yes, I hope D* does the same thing, but not for the reason you think. I think all service providers need to take a stand on this. If enough stand up to them, we might see some progress made. Jumping providers because "That mean 'ol Charlie took away my FX" is punishing and rewarding the wrong people. You're telling D* that you don't want them to negotiate to keep your bill reasonable, and you're essentially dropping trou, bending over and telling the content providers "Give it to me hard, FOX! I'll pay whatever you want to keep my channels on!"
Oh, and another thing. I didn't just wander into a direct TV forum, my remarks were directly on topic.

And LOL @ "Don't be a freeloader! Get a pub membership today".....Us without pub memberships deal with a very slow site due to ads popping up everywhere...so we are still paying a price.

Yeah, it's a tongue in cheek remark you humorless Vulcan, and one I've had in my sig for over 2 years.

Could it ever occur to you that I'm standing behind them because I think they're RIGHT? I would cheer DirecTV or Comcast if they were doing what E* and Cablevision were doing. The cost of TV is outrageous. There are more ads than ever and yet the content providers are jacking up the carriage costs to new heights. Yes, I hope D* does the same thing, but not for the reason you think. I think all service providers need to take a stand on this. If enough stand up to them, we might see some progress made. Jumping providers because "That mean 'ol Charlie took away my FX" is punishing and rewarding the wrong people. You're telling D* that you don't want them to negotiate to keep your bill reasonable, and you're essentially dropping trou, bending over and telling the content providers "Give it to me hard, FOX! I'll pay whatever you want to keep my channels on!"
Oh, and another thing. I didn't just wander into a direct TV forum, my remarks were directly on topic.

Yeah, it's a tongue in cheek remark you humorless Vulcan, and one I've had in my sig for over 2 years.

Staying with Dish while they eliminate more channels yet increasing rates is the ultimate bend over w/o any reach around.

I don't care what Fox gets. I only care what I have to pay. And right now I'm paying less for more. I win.

Staying with Dish while they eliminate more channels yet increasing rates is the ultimate bend over w/o any reach around.

I don't care what Fox gets. I only care what I have to pay. And right now I'm paying less for more. I win.

For now, until D*'s contract expires. Then they will either drop the channels or raise your rates. There is no third option until enough providers stop giving them everything they want.

For now, until D*'s contract expires. Then they will either drop the channels or raise your rates. There is no third option until enough providers stop giving them everything they want.

Unless they agree to a deal for the current rates. You never know Directv could be allready paying them a rate they are happy with. :up

They are not looking out for anything besides their own wallets. Proof is when the dispute is settled and Dish and Cablevision raise their rates anyway. I had Cablevision for almost 20 years and watched the rates climb steadily with no real substantial addition to what I got. Last year when they were in their little pissing match with Scripps and we lost Food Network, HGTV, and DIY for a month, we got no credit for loss of those channels (even though they were among my most watched), and at the end of the year, guess what? Got a notice of rate increase. So yeah, cry me a river. From the sounds of it, at least D* would be willing to offer you a bill credit for your trouble if it comes down to it. Hell I heard last year they were giving out free subs to Center Ice ($175) to make up for the loss of Versus. When I complained to Dish I basically got told tough $#!+ you're in contract, so either deal with it or pay to leave.

You don't know this as fact, it is simply speculation about what may occur in the future. I have a feeling the Cablevision / DISH issue with Fox is going to set the pace for any upcoming disputes. D* will know the outcome and will plan accordingly. If D* learns anything it should be that subscribers aren't all willing to sit back and support their cause.

The only way Dish is going to hear about how we feel about their situation is by how we spend our money.

Rates could go up with D* or Dish....so i'm willing to take my chances.

It was a gamble I was willing to take.

Hell I heard last year they were giving out free subs to Center Ice ($175) to make up for the loss of Versus. When I complained to Dish I basically got told tough $#!+ you're in contract, so either deal with it or pay to leave.

Case in point....D* offered me the Sunday Ticket for under $50 total because of a screw up on their part.

Contract doesn't expire until well after 2010.

And FOX channel drop on Direct will NEVER happen. I will bet you any amount that FOX will not be dropped on Direct when their current contract expires

Contract doesn't expire until well after 2010.

And FOX channel drop on Direct will NEVER happen. I will bet you any amount that FOX will not be dropped on Direct when their current contract expires

Does anyone know the makeup of the Sunday Ticket contract?

I am just curious if D* did happen to have a dispute with Fox and Fox pulled their local Fox affiliates, would it have any effect on the Sunday Ticket? If so, that in itself would be a HUGE driving force to get stuff patched up before the deadline.

Does anyone know the makeup of the Sunday Ticket contract?

I am just curious if D* did happen to have a dispute with Fox and Fox pulled their local Fox affiliates, would it have any effect on the Sunday Ticket? If so, that in itself would be a HUGE driving force to get stuff patched up before the deadline.

Not sure the specific carriage with ST but the FSN pull on E* only affected Center Ice to the extent there are no HD channels - NHL still provides FSN feeds to E* that FOX currently does not. But you knew that ;)

Not just HD, they only have one feed for each game now too, and it's almost all away feeds. So you're pretty much only going to get half the game feeds you're paying full price for. And then if you're a Devils, Sabres, Rangers, or Islanders fan, you're ultimately f**ked because Dish is fighting with Cablevision over MSG/MSG+ as well. You get NONE of the MSG feeds at all. You have to watch ALL opponent feeds unless you have two MSG teams playing each other (in which case I guess Devils lost the coin toss because I had to watch the Sabres feed).

I just ordered D* today...the install is scheduled for Saturday and I will cancel E* that same day...I just wish the Center Ice preview was still going on so I can watch the Blackhawks Saturday night...it is on WGN and I don't think I should "move" the same day as the install to get Chicago locals...

I just ordered D* today...the install is scheduled for Saturday and I will cancel E* that same day...I just wish the Center Ice preview was still going on so I can watch the Blackhawks Saturday night...it is on WGN and I don't think I should "move" the same day as the install to get Chicago locals...

Easy solution. Sign up for NHL Gamecenter online (monthly plan). Watch the game. Call the next day and cancel. They give you a 5 day free trial as long as you cancel before the 5th day is up. You'll see a $19.95 charge and then a $19.95 credit on your CC if you cancel in time.

Picture quality is great....unlike the Blackhawks ;)

haha, I should have known the "dead wings" fan would comment, lol. thanks for the tip though! maybe I'll delay the install to Sunday.

I too am thinking of switching, now I have a dish receiver with component cables to TV1 and HDMI (over 2-CAT6 cables) to TV2. TV2 uses a RF remote. All works good, either I watch TV downstairs or in bed, both HD. Can HR24 receiver do that?

I too am thinking of switching, now I have a dish receiver with component cables to TV1 and HDMI (over 2-CAT6 cables) to TV2. TV2 uses a RF remote. All works good, either I watch TV downstairs or in bed, both HD. Can HR24 receiver do that?

I don't see why not. Both HD outputs should be active.

Yes both the HDMI and components outputs are active. But why go that route? The current promo would give you a HR24 and a H24 for free. Activate the whole home DVR and you can see all your recordings I'm both locations in HD. Cleans the spaghetti factory up too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)