Goodbye DISH.....Hello DirecTV.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You will be happy with the switch!!! I have had a lot of TV viewing time the past two weeks and have had a happy wife since everything works... Was with DISH for 10 years... CC

Again guys, just wondering if maybe there might be some board-recommended local retailers\installers since I dont think that's the intent of the Installers Forum.

Again guys, just wondering if maybe there might be some board-recommended local retailers\installers since I dont think that's the intent of the Installers Forum.
Where are you from?

You can order through Dishstore.net. There is a link on this site's homepage

I was just reading about using an external hard drive on DirecTV's site. This is what it says about hooking up the external drive.

Follow these steps to connect the external hard drive:

1. Turn off your receiver by unplugging the power cord. (Do not rely on the power button.)
2. Look for the port on the back of your receiver labeled SATA.
3. Connect the eSATA hard drive with an eSATA cable. Make sure the cable is firmly connected on both ends.
4. Turn on the eSATA hard drive and give it several seconds to spin up to speed.
5. Plug in the power chord of your receiver.

When your receiver reboots, it will automatically see the newly-connected hard drive. The hard drive inside your receiver will be disabled.

A. So with the internal hard drive disabled, will you not be able to watch things off of it while the external is plugged in?
B. Can you transfer recording between the internal and external like Dish network's option?
C. With the external plugged in, will it only record to the external device?

TIA

I have never used an external, but if I am not mistaken it completely replaces the internal. No transferring, and you can only view off of the one in use.
I may be wrong however.

Where are you from?

You can order through Dishstore.net. There is a link on this site's homepage
Sorry to be high-maintenance here, but I cant find any D* links on their page - only E*. Sez they're going thru some software upgrades tho even ran thru site map and nada.

I switched over to DirecTV last week. I will echo that DirecTV's HD PQ is slightly better than Dish's, and yes the reason I left was because of the ridiculous fights between Fox and MSG networks over their channels.

I can't wait to see what the churn #'s will be for the last quarter on Dish. I'd put the over/under on 350,000.

John

Have fun with that 2 year contract when D*'s agreement with Fox is up, and they pull the same crap on them that they did with E* and Cablevision.

Have fun with that 2 year contract when D*'s agreement with Fox is up, and they pull the same crap on them that they did with E* and Cablevision.

Why do some Dish subscribers stand behind Dish no matter what they do? Even to the point where they wander into the DirecTV forum to voice their opinion?

Does it make you fell better about the situation hoping DirecTV goes through the same issues? What if it doesn't happen? Then who is the joke on?

And LOL @ "Don't be a freeloader! Get a pub membership today".....Us without pub memberships deal with a very slow site due to ads popping up everywhere...so we are still paying a price.

\Of course it is possible, and D* has lost a channel or two in the past, but generally speaking, this is a non issue on the D* side.
Not something I would concern myself with until and if it happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts